• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

This movie damaged my room!

Dentman

Ok, the movie is ok at best. Think Lucy, 10 fold. I rented Higher Power last night. This is the closest movie that I've ever viewed that comes close to rivaling Soundhounds organ demo discs.
The low frequency affects are nuts. About 80% through the movie a large Glass enclosed Sinatra picture fell off the wall, hitting my routers power cord yanking it from the wall. My CD's also rattled out of the rack falling to the floor.
Really there is much more to the sound then just the bass. It's full of all kinds futuristic sounds that vary in Freq. I'll be looking to pick up this disc to keep as a demo disc. Or just play it when I want a smile.
Check it out, but not for the movie. Check it out to push your system further then it's most likely ever been pushed.

I had a similar experience with Live Die Repeat- except the very loud ultra low bass begins before the credits. I swear it was a mistake. Nothing damaged- everything in the room is mounted not to vibrate. But the PJ was vibrating big time.

I had a similar experience with Live Die Repeat- except the very loud ultra low bass begins before the credits. I swear it was a mistake. Nothing damaged- everything in the room is mounted not to vibrate. But the PJ was vibrating big time.
Is that one worth checking out?

Yes it’s worth checking out! But the movie is actually titled Edge of Tomorrow. “Live, Die, Repeat” is the tagline.
That’s the title. I couldn’t remember it.

I just grow tired of Cruise action movies. No true suspense. Although it surprised me when he died the first time. Sound was pretty stellar if I remember correctly.

Another mediocre Tom Cruise movie with a fantastic soundtrack for giving your sub a workout is War of the Worlds. The scene in the Boston Seaport District when the tripod breaks out of the ground is ridiculous. When I had my house in Florida with its 3200 cubic foot living room, it could make the glass on my windows bow. It moved the couch, eleven feet away. Keep in mind, this was slab on grade. I could feel my organs move. Completely nuts.

Another mediocre Tom Cruise movie with a fantastic soundtrack for giving your sub a workout is War of the Worlds. The scene in the Boston Seaport District when the tripod breaks out of the ground is ridiculous. When I had my house in Florida with its 3200 cubic foot living room, it could make the glass on my windows bow. It moved the couch, eleven feet away. Keep in mind, this was slab on grade. I could feel my organs move. Completely nuts.
I forgot about that one. I use to use that scene all the time.

Back