• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Thor's Hammer

bmwuk

I've got to ask. Anyone have thoughts/experiences with this subwoofer(s)? Chances are not many of us do based on the price point of the higher end Wilson Audio stuff. Just curious.

Way beyond my reach but my sub will match it down to 10Hz. I think you're paying as much for the name as it's technical abilities.

Wardsweb said:
Way beyond my reach but my sub will match it down to 10Hz. I think you're paying as much for the name as it's technical abilities.

I trust that to be the case. The thing is quite the behemoth.

It is a good design, though I doubt it is worth the price. My $1000 Infinite Baffle sub will outperform it on low frequency extension, THD (at listening levels), and group delay. Thor's Hammer will play louder, and it isn't built into you home like my IB sub, but it costs a small fortune and requires a separate amp.

product_thor1a.jpg

Wilson Audio builds fine A/V equipment...way over priced!

Rope

$21,000
Need an amp & optional outboard crossover . :scared-eek:

I'm thinking that the stack of 14 or so SVS PB13 Ultras that $21,000 would buy would make Thor's Hammer look like Swee'Pea's Spoon.

Ah, but Matt's house with eight Hammers could generate its own Haboob! :banana-rock:

You've got to admit though it has a pretty cool name, Thor's Hammer sounds a lot better than Flint's Pile Driver.

Those have 2 15" driver's right ?
Doesn't Tom V's new company offer a sub with dual 15" drivers, has an amp, & crossover controls ?
Wonder how it would compare......

Back