• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Thought my Harmony 1000 Died

Randy

Superstar
Hadnt been downstairs in a few days. Came down to get on the treadmill and grabbed my trusty Harmony 1000 and nothing but black screen.

Fiddled with it a bit and nothing. Thought maybe it was just battery so I placed it back on the base and nothing.

DAMNIT!!!

So I manually turned on TV, receiver, dish box, etc. like some Philistine, then started my journey on the treadmill.

I was literally distraught. Couldnt concentrate, couldnt stay focused, the whole situation had me in damn near panic mode. How could a man of my stature be expected to turn on components manually or have to deal with multiple remote controls, like some piker. I deserve better than this. I have worked hard and made my own way in the world.

So, anyway I got off the treadmill and started fiddling again and wiped the contacts on the remote and base with a soft cloth, placed the remote back on the base and that beautiful blue light came on again. Its working fine.

Oh ya, first world problems for sure.

No don't apologize. WE here are the people that understand such things.

I have two Harmony One s one for the basement and one for upstairs. Don't know what I would do if one of them crapped out.

And I totally understand the panic. Sometimes there will be a glitch with a particular piece of equipment and I will become obsessed it is all I can think of.

Glad it worked out so you can enjoy your weekend.

Maybe it was Glitch Week; my TV's been working fine now the last two days. :happy:

Some twenty years ago or so when I was living the swinging life style I had a new Sony receiver in my system with a " semi universal" remote. I had recently started dating a woman way beyond my grade ( she would eventually become my second wife). Well she had two kids so doing anything at her place was nigh impossible and I invited her over for a Saturday night movie night so our relationship could evolve.

She had been there a little while and we were getting comfortable when I realized I didn't know where the remote was. I started to panic she said hey c'mon forget the remote I'm here.

Well I couldn't get my mind in the game thoughts of the missing remote running thru my mind. Before i could clear my mind her kids called and the night turned out to be a blue bust.

See how our hobby can make us do absurd things.

Last edited:
Back