• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

THX Sub Audio Setup

MatthewB said:
You all suck, with your subs should be an "enhancement". Screw that. I want so much bass pressure that as soon as Megatron farts, your lungs instantly explode from the pressure and the Medical Examiner needs no autopsy as your insides are now on the floor and ceiling as they have been systematically forced out your mouth and bunghole....but that could just be me......and Jeff Mackwood.

Snake, sell your car, sell your kids, sell your wife, buy a dozen or so subs and smile in buttshaking happiness. :music-rockout:

Matt who feels the other advice given has it's validity.
I think that those who make the trek North to The Great Canadian GTG 1.0 (ahem..Matt?) will find that multiple subs have the benefit of providing powerful, seamless and evenly distributed bass throughout the room - at least as I've implemented it.

As all of my subs are mounted on a solid basement concrete foundation, little or no energy is transmitted through structure to the listener, and because the room was designed to eliminate standing waves (by "venting" to the rest of the house) there is no "pressurization" per se. (Well ok, I admit that my pant legs were flapping when I was standing near the SVS PB13 Ultra during the Super 8 train wreck scene - but I digress.)

Oh don't get me wrong; you feel it alright. But it's just solid, reflection-free, airborne bass energy. Flat down to 15 Hz. And very much different than what a lot of you are used to. (And I mean "different" in a non-judgmental way: I've been nothing but impressed by all of your systems.)

Jeff

Jeff trust me I would love to go up North and visit your place, but with the cut in jobs (from 2 to 1) and no Overtime allowed anymore (which was a huge amount to me) money is so tight that I barely was able to afford the flight to Bats and have to give up the trip to Yromj's. Also when I worked for the hospital my insurance only cost me 65.00/paycheck now that I am on the GF's and Aflac to help cover items missing, I am now up to 165.00/paycheck. Money is real tight right now, and yes I'm pissed I can't get real Canadian beer straight from the tap.

Back