• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Time for a change?

I shipped out my Anthem components on Monday afternoon and they arrived at the dealership on Wednesday. Dealership tested them and just emailed me tracking info for the Hegel. Fingers crossed for Saturday delivery.

One thing I failed to mention earlier... After moving the C1s out to the living room I decided to try the C2s out there as well. This was still when the Anthem gear was setup. The C2s didn't have the magic that was immediately evident with the C1s.

I shipped out my Anthem components on Monday afternoon and they arrived at the dealership on Wednesday. Dealership tested them and just emailed me tracking info for the Hegel. Fingers crossed for Saturday delivery.

One thing I failed to mention earlier... After moving the C1s out to the living room I decided to try the C2s out there as well. This was still when the Anthem gear was setup. The C2s didn't have the magic that was immediately evident with the C1s.

Found where there's a screw missing and it shouldn't be a big deal:

Of course I unboxed it in the HT on black carpet so I haven't been able to find the screw. It doesn't sound like it's inside the case so that's good. Talked to the dealer and he thinks it should be fine to run as-is. Part of me wants to crack open the case to take a look just to make sure but doing so might void the warranty.

That seems like good news to me. I'd be so tempted to get ears on it that I probably would have proceeded with less caution...but you are wiser than I :)

I've seen Hegel a few times on the internet but I don't know much about them. Have they been around a long time? What is the differentiator in their products?

That seems like good news to me. I'd be so tempted to get ears on it that I probably would have proceeded with less caution...but you are wiser than I :)

I've seen Hegel a few times on the internet but I don't know much about them. Have they been around a long time? What is the differentiator in their products?
They've been around since the mid-90s and their marketing spiel is around low-distortion and high damping factor.

Found where there's a screw missing and it shouldn't be a big deal:

Of course I unboxed it in the HT on black carpet so I haven't been able to find the screw. It doesn't sound like it's inside the case so that's good. Talked to the dealer and he thinks it should be fine to run as-is. Part of me wants to crack open the case to take a look just to make sure but doing so might void the warranty.
It's an expensive unit, write down the S/N, return the unit for replacement. Make sure they don't ship you back the same unit.

If they give you shit, contact Hegal, I am sure they will be more than happy to work with you.

The missing screw issue has been reported to Hegel but I don't intend to ship it back unless they instruct me to do so. It's hooked up and sounding good - pretty much the same as the Anthem pre/pro and amp combination that it replaced. It does sound better than the old Integra 5.1 AVR that was hooked up for a little bit. We watched Hamilton through that and I was really distraught thinking maybe the disappointing sound quality was due to the downmix of the Atmos soundtrack to stereo. It sounded much better through the Hegel.

Sunday night after the football games I started listening to music and then decided to move to the HT to make sure I didn't disturb Angela. The HT definitely sounds better so no concerns that it'll get abandoned for the living room system. I also tilted the C2s down a bit when I moved them back in there; they're tall speakers and the soundstage before could be distractingly high with vocals seemingly planted well above ear level.

Back