• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Tiny Eargasm

GreatDane

Well-Known Member
My 16 GB 6G Nano with a custom line out dock into a HeadAmp Pico Slim portable amp. Monitor is Ortofon e-Q7 ( a balanced armature/ dynamic transducer hybrid). This little rig sounds VERY good. Mids with the e-Q7 sound magically delicious. Vocals sound excellent.
 

Yesfan70

I'm famous now bitches! vvvvv
Famous
Rope said:
Ortofon rocks on a number of levels.

Rope
You mean that monitor is not part of the Nano? Am I reading that post right?


I thought the new Nanos had a screen on them. If not, then how is that screen attached to the player?
 

PaulyT

Behind the Curtain
Staff member
Administrator
Moderator
Superstar
Nice, Dane. Small, pricey, and I bet it sounds great!
 

GreatDane

Well-Known Member
PaulyT said:
Nice, Dane. Small, pricey, and I bet it sounds great!
The total cost might be a shocker so I won't go there...but yeah, the sound quality while somewhat different due an IEM having a smaller, more intimate soundstage than a full size is nearly equal to my T1...in overall eargasm intensity.

ohh
ohhh
oohhh
OOHHHHH,yes
OHH YES,YES

aaaahhhhhhh :music-listening:

:teasing-tease:
 

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!
Superstar
Sorta off-topic: as small as the Nano is, hasn't anyone designed a set of over-the-ear headphones that the Nano could just attach to, say on one earpiece? That would eliminate cords altogether...
 

walls

Well-Known Member
IEM's arent for me, soundstage always seems small and I can here my body doin shit it shouldnt be. :handgestures-thumbup:
 

GreatDane

Well-Known Member
Botch said:
Sorta off-topic: as small as the Nano is, hasn't anyone designed a set of over-the-ear headphones that the Nano could just attach to, say on one earpiece? That would eliminate cords altogether...
I've never seen any headphone that advertises "Made for shuffle" ( or Nano ) but I've clipped my shuffle onto my Sennheiser HD 25 which are smallish headphones. The stock cord is really too long for it but I just wrapped the extra around one side. These have detachable cables just like the big boy Senns (HD 600, 650 etc) so a custom cable could be built for this specific purpose.
 

GreatDane

Well-Known Member
walls said:
IEM's arent for me, soundstage always seems small and I can here my body doin shit it shouldnt be. :handgestures-thumbup:
Yes. Chewing pretzels while listening to IEMs is a big no-no. :scared-eek:
 

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!
Superstar
GreatDane said:
Botch said:
Sorta off-topic: as small as the Nano is, hasn't anyone designed a set of over-the-ear headphones that the Nano could just attach to, say on one earpiece? That would eliminate cords altogether...
I've never seen any headphone that advertises "Made for shuffle" ( or Nano ) but I've clipped my shuffle onto my Sennheiser HD 25 which are smallish headphones. The stock cord is really too long for it but I just wrapped the extra around one side. These have detachable cables just like the big boy Senns (HD 600, 650 etc) so a custom cable could be built for this specific purpose.
Cool! That prompts a followup question: Does the Nano have enough "oomph" to power regular headphones? Sounds like it does, have you noticed a reduction in battery life? I could easily see headphones designed with a Lithium battery on the other earpiece, providing both the extra power (if required) and balance.
 

GreatDane

Well-Known Member
TBH I haven't done much listening with any full size HP with the Nano. I've only used IEMs to compare the HP out to using the LOD into the Pico Slim amp. The Nano can of course power IEMs with no problem but the SQ does noticeably improve with the amp, especially with 3-way balanced armature designs such as the Westone 3. The Westone 3 has huge bass and the amp takes total control and allows the bass to bloom where the onboard amp in a DAP can sound a bit thin in comparison. Just imagine the tiny lithium battery in the Nano and how it needs to power everything in there and last for many hours too.

These are my experiences and not all will agree.

There have been many complaints about the Nano battery life. Apple just released an update for the Nano the other day which allows it to fully shut down rather than just go into sleep mode. The battery life should improve with this new tweak. I never tested my Nano for battery life so I can't say much about that. I try to not let the battery life bar go less than 50%.
 

TitaniumTroy

Well-Known Member
Dane, if you placed your T1 headphones on your ears and over your IEM's. Would you go from a tiny eargasm to Multiply Eargasms? :music-listening:
 

GreatDane

Well-Known Member
TitaniumTroy said:
Dane, if you placed your T1 headphones on your ears and over your IEM's. Would you go from a tiny eargasm to Multiply Eargasms? :music-listening:
I've had that idea many times but never actually did it. Using a bass-heavy HP like my Sony XB700 over the IEM could be good with the extra bass...or it could sound totally shitty.

I have a little amp that has dual jacks, a 1/4" and 1/8" which is perfect.

If I get brave enough.




This could be life altering.

:scared-eek:
 
Top