• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Todd Rundgren and BONUS Donald Fagen!

Botch

MetaBotch Doggy Dogg Mellencamp
Superstar
I ran across this radio interview with Todd Rundgren on his new White Knight album (which has been playing non-stop in my car for 3, 4 weeks now, outstanding!). He had some interesting points about "his time left", how he became a producer, how he built his current album, the benefits of "technology for all", etc. May be worth a listen for Todd-heads only:

BUT, I noticed the follow-on video is another Todd/Donald Fagen collaboration called Rhymes which I've never heard before (Tin Foil Hat is their collaboration on White Knight). The notes below state it was part of the Morph the Cat .mp3 download; I have the CD and its not on that (its not on the fantastic 3-disk 5.1 DVD-A collection of Donald's first 3 albums either). BONUS!!

I got a big kick out of Tin Foil Hat.

From the opening words "He's coming down the escalator..." I knew I had to completely tune-out the music and focus on the lyrics - which for me is a real challenge. So I played it line-by line, pausing, going back and replaying it until it sunk in, and could then listen to it in one straight pass.

I'd have to go back to Neil Young's Let's Impeach The President to find a more overt political rock music polemic.

Jeff

I first saw TFH on a back screen during Todd's current live show, here's the "official" video. Killer!

What I love about Todd is that he basically told his audience his shows would be anti-Trump. So, if anyone has an issue with that they should just not buy tickets and attend. I like that because it is honest and true.

Back