• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Tomb raider 2013

jomari

War Never Changes
Famous
Tomb raider was one of those games in the ps generation, that you either love or you hate. theres no doubt about it, it was difficult. scratch that, it was hard. sometimes too hard. you can end up stuck in one portion of the game and well, discontinue playing. thats how frustrated i got at one point.

Tomb Raider 2013 was one of the most anticipated games ive wanted in 2013, simply because there wasnt much to look forward to before summer. this and metro. This game did not disappoint.

Square enix is one of those companies that i seem to like nowadays, their games are solid, Hitman and Sleeping Dog are two that i also have from them. very well done dynamics, and well, outstanding use of the surrounds. Maybe a tad much, but hey, it works. The bass as well in these games are definitely deep.

Anyways, been playing this for almost a week. The frustrations i had with the original series, have all but gone. I have enjoyed playing this game, and quite frankly, brings up a comparison that will always put these two together - Naughty Dogs Nathan Drake of Uncharted.

Yes, they call him the Lara Croft man version, and both are very exhilirating game setups. I love the movement between screen 'movies' into the actual gameplay. Both are very linear, but i LOVE the fact that Tomb Raider does give you the option to go back and forth. I thought it was limited, but simply because certain sections are not available after a time frame. One big changing factor is that i love the fact that Tomb Raider lets you craft or modify weapons you have, compared to Drakes simple gun layout. Its great to see her familiarize with weapons you get used to in the series later on.

Im at work so i cant really dig deep into this that much. In a nutshell, i love this game. I havent had this emotional 'ties' with a character since, since, i dunno, skyrim. better yet, solid snake.

Very good game, astounding environments, and well, get lost in the action.

Highly recommended game.

Looks very cool! Probably something I'll play, when the price for the PC version drops a bit...

im not quite done with uncharted 3, but after this i might delve into it finally, and finish that game.

i really like and enjoy this game, quality work from square enix. im not sure what happened with deus ex, im not much of a fan of it anyways, but ey, whatever floats your boat right?

im looking forward to next weeks bioshock infinite, which also includes the original bioshock (and yes, im a wuss for not liking or playing the first one)...

its a very exciting game pauly, im sure as a gamer you will enjoy this experience.

I tried Bioshock 1, didn't get into it much. Just too oppressively and unvaryingly dark. Haven't tried 2 because I assumed it would be the same... might check it out sometime.

I did play all the Uncharted games, tho; those rock.

heard of bioshock 2 bombed tho. big time. and fans didnt like it.

anyways, i love my tomb raider. i can definitely, DEFINITELY see myself replaying this game again.

one key thing? im a true tomb raider afficionado. i HAVE to collect EVERYTHING. :happy-smileygiantred:

Thanks! Turns out PC version is on sale for $35 as well; what the hell - ordered!

im at 92% completion, including most of the trophies on this, and man oh man, if it can make me watch the movies, then you can tell its well worth the investment.

its just a great game, going back to the basics of 'treasure hunting' even before a nathan drake came around.

its great because it doesnt 'tell' you there are things to be done, you point your bow and arrow and wonder, hmm...

anyways, im almost done, but im still collecting stuff. i hope you enjoy this game as i did pauly.

Doghart said:
Wow, Jomari... You're zipping through this one. I just got it a few days ago.

D

its THAT good.

ironically, i havent gone through to my skyrim.

im at 92% i think, the last basecamp. heck i have 2 skillpoints left and im already maxed out on all my stuff.

i cant wait for DLC or a new one. its an amazing game, much much better than uncharted. i think im going to end up cussin away when i get back to Uncharted 3...

finally finished it. completed the game at 100%, aside from a couple of trophies (which i dont care much for), i wanted to find all the documents, gps stuff etc. the important stuff.

its a great to finally find a game that you can 'feel' you are a part of, that you've grown with or grown in. its an exemplar game, an experience.

the only gripe i have, and this is minimal, is that once your done with the game, you cant start it with all the gear again like dead space is. but then again i get the logic, whats the point in 'surviving' if you have all the gear in the beginning.

ive already started my second run. :happy-smileygiantred:

Just got it installed and fired up, tweaked the GPU settings. Looks very nice! I like the rain effect on the camera. Graphics are pretty! Gameplay is smooth and yeah it reminds me a lot of uncharted. And AC3 a little, going hunting in the woods! Played just a bit, through that first underground bunker and hooked up with the other survivors, learning to use the controls and map screens and such. From what I can tell so far, seems like I'm gonna enjoy this one. Thanks, jomari!

PaulyT said:
Just got it installed and fired up, tweaked the GPU settings. Looks very nice! I like the rain effect on the camera. Graphics are pretty! Gameplay is smooth and yeah it reminds me a lot of uncharted. And AC3 a little, going hunting in the woods! Played just a bit, through that first underground bunker and hooked up with the other survivors, learning to use the controls and map screens and such. From what I can tell so far, seems like I'm gonna enjoy this one. Thanks, jomari!

i always envy pc gamers, you get the opportunity to tweak things up, to make em prettier or enough so that your processor can handle it. i played Max payne 1 a looong time ago, and saw the difference when my friend showed me his awesome pc. i wish i invested in a good set.

anyways, i hope you enjoy the game as much as i do. i had to cheat watching 2 youtube videos to find one or two other artifacts.

Kinda depends on the game, though these days with the PS3 being pretty old tech now, it's not as hard to find a PC version that looks better. While I haven't compared to consoles, Tomb Raider and Assassins' Creed both look quite nice, AC3 was pretty impressive. Skyrim, on the other hand, as much as I love the game, didn't seem to look much beyond what I would expect of the PS3. Borderlands was maybe somewhere in between; I played BL1 on PS3 and BL2 on PC. I think the action was smoother on the PC when there was a lot going on, but it was a newer game with (presumably) a newer code engine, so maybe a direct comparison there isn't fair.

Anyway, I like to think that with the $$ I spent on the gaming PC, that it's worthwhile. I think it is for me, because I really enjoy the computer graphics technical aspect of these things.

Have played some more, maybe ~60% done. Very nicely done game! It's a good balance of action/combat, adventure, exploration/treasure-hunting, and RPG. Gameplay is very smooth, with (so far) no tremendous aggravations or bugs. It crashed on me a couple of times, so I updated my nVidia drivers, hasn't crashed since. Definitely a good game! Like you, jomari, I tend to be pretty thorough about finding all the extra goodies, fun to explore and makes the game last longer - which is sorta important 'cause I'm not sure how much replay value a game like this has for me, seems about the only thing you could do would be to set it on a harder combat level, but this really isn't a combat game per se.

Finished last night, total completion 96%... didn't quite have the patience to find EVERY single little extra thingy; got all the major stuff like weapon upgrades and skills, all the gps caches (never quite figured out the point of those other than a big salvage bonus at the end), tombs, etc. Overall, really liked the feel of this game. Smooth controls, nice graphics, and a good mix of treasure hunting, puzzle solving, and combat. (I played it on "normal" combat difficulty.) Pretty decent storyline, too.

My only slight quibble would be that it's too short; total playing time (clocked by Steam) was around 21 hours. Compare this to skyrim and borderlands 2, where I have more like 250 hours (each). :oops: Yeah when I'm bored I'll open up one of those two, both of which I'm on my second or even third character (actually four in BL2 though a couple of them I haven't taken very far.) I definitely get more of my money's worth in these more replayable games.

on sale right now, 19.99 on amazon. too bad I already bought it last night via PSN. dang it! I might triple dip on this... hmm. maybe not. I think im content.

I also just bought Metro redux, I have high expectations on that one...

Back