• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Toto's Back!!

So the Red Rocker is saving yet another band from extinction? Cool! ;)
sammyhagarthumbsnov2020_638.jpg

RANT ON
I don't like Sammy Hagar and I don't like Toto. To me Van Halen was the Diamond Dave era , even if he wasn't a great singer and was an asshole. I have never understood or liked Toto. I realize Steve Lukather is a world class guitarist and Jeff Porcaro was one of THE greatest drummers. I just don't like there music. If I hear Africa one more time I may commit Harakiri, with my new electric chainsaw!!
RANT OFF

I liked Africa as a kid. Still do. It should’ve been a classic before Weezer. But honestly I don’t know much about Toto nor am I much of a fan. I have a greatest hits album, I guess. Just started playing it. Can’t hardly believe the same band also did “I Supply The Love”. Which admittedly I didn’t know until just now.

Oh... and I like Van Hagar, but those Roth records are superior.

I liked Africa as a kid. Still do. It should’ve been a classic before Weezer.

Ummmm ... I think most would say that the Toto version is/was a classic before, since, and in spite of Weezer.
There is no self respecting Yach Rock Playlist without Toto’s Africa In the mix.

You’re right, of course. I just assumed younger people didn’t care about Toto, which ain’t exactly the same as it not bering a classic. That said, I don’t even know if young people like Weezer.

RANT ON
I don't like Sammy Hagar and I don't like Toto. To me Van Halen was the Diamond Dave era , even if he wasn't a great singer and was an asshole. I have never understood or liked Toto. I realize Steve Lukather is a world class guitarist and Jeff Porcaro was one of THE greatest drummers. I just don't like there music. If I hear Africa one more time I may commit Harakiri, with my new electric chainsaw!!
RANT OFF

Wait ... what does Sammy Hagar have to do with this? That’s Steve Lukather and Joe Williams in the pic.

There was a picture I tried to link that would’ve made my bad joke make a little more sense. Maybe. But the picture didn’t post. Anyway... in the picture of Hagar he looked a little like the guy on the right. Beard, sunglasses. No hat, though.

There was a picture I tried to link that would’ve made my bad joke make a little more sense. Maybe. But the picture didn’t post. Anyway... in the picture of Hagar he looked a little like the guy on the right. Beard, sunglasses. No hat, though.
Ah, okay. I couldn't believe Toto would hire Hagar, nor would Hagar try to sing for Toto. Two Different Worlds.

EDIT: Despite "Rosanna" being possibly my most-hated song Of All Time, I am a Toto fan. The lyric from Africa:
I know that I must do what's right,
Sure as Kilimanjaro rises like an Empress,
Above the Serengeti....

...just rolls off the tongue, what great poetry! :toast:

Last edited:
Back