• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Transfer CD's to Thumb-drive

jamhead

Just looking for a little guidance. My wife purchased a car recently and it does not have a CD player (we realize most cars don't anymore). However, she has a large amount of Live Pearl Jam CD's that she likes to listen to while driving to and from work. What would be the best way to have these CD's transferred to a thumb drive, or similar, if we don't have a lap top?

Basically, seeing if there's any technology available that I'm not aware of. Thank you much.

Just looking for a little guidance. My wife purchased a car recently and it does not have a CD player (we realize most cars don't anymore). However, she has a large amount of Live Pearl Jam CD's that she likes to listen to while driving to and from work. What would be the best way to have these CD's transferred to a thumb drive, or similar, if we don't have a lap top?

Basically, seeing if there's any technology available that I'm not aware of. Thank you much.
Do you have a desktop with a CD drive?

No sir. No computers at the moment. 3 phones and a tablet.

Ugh! Well it sounds like if that is the case you may have to ask someone to do it for you or perhaps download them which means you may have to pay for them again.

Then be careful about the format you choose because different players have issues with things like wma files.

This is the method I used for music on my boat. Just plug in the USB and hit random all and enjoy. It caused some problems though because of file compatibility and it was clunky to navigate.

You need a basic computer. You can use iTunes, Windows Media Player or any number of other programs. I recommend ripping to 320kbps MP3. It is high enough bitrate that most people cannot tell the difference most of the time, even on good systems. It is supported by almost everything out there and there are lots of software options for doing the rip.

You need a basic computer. You can use iTunes, Windows Media Player or any number of other programs. I recommend ripping to 320kbps MP3. It is high enough bitrate that most people cannot tell the difference most of the time, even on good systems. It is supported by almost everything out there and there are lots of software options for doing the rip.

Windows Media Player is what caused me all of my problems. My tablet and the head unit in my boat neither one will play wma files.

Does Windows Media Player rip to mp3? I honestly never looked.

Windows Media Player is what caused me all of my problems. My tablet and the head unit in my boat neither one will play wma files.

Does Windows Media Player rip to mp3? I honestly never looked.
Yes it does. I used WMP to transfer some 700 CDs to digital and all are mp3

All right. Thanks guys. Looks like I’m SOL for now.

You can buy refurbished corporate desktop computers for a couple hundred bucks on Amazon if you ever decide you want a cheap machine. I've got one in my office running as a Plex server. They are older, but that does not mean much these days. The CPU speed wars ended years ago. If you aren't a gamer, pretty much anything will do.

Sorry so late to thread haven't been around for awhile. Go to your local library they have computers you can use that you can transfer the CD in the disc drive to a thumb drive. Cost you nothing.

Back