• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Transformers 3... scenes ripped from The Island...

jomari

War Never Changes
Famous
found it here, dont know how to put the youtube video on the thread so here goes...

http://youtu.be/H7kcqB3thJM

Michael bay is a "not so" cheapo to rehash his sh*t.

Edit: apparently he's done it before in Transformers 2...

http://youtu.be/PIBNB0LPpOc

Edit: edited original posting to reflect pondering and rethought harsh remarks regarding michael bay. :D

Why is that a problem?

If you hadn't seen that YouTube clip would you have liked the scene any less?

Towen7 said:
Why is that a problem?

If you hadn't seen that YouTube clip would you have liked the scene any less?

its not,

but wouldnt you feel bad if someone served you a dish that was already served to someone else?

i know its not the best example, but i think that we could deserve something more than a rehash.

at least he wouldnt have any problems with copyrighting right?

I dunno... I guess I see your point. I don't think a few seconds of video, which are edited to include other elements, as a re-hash. I guess he could have spent a few thousand more dollars, and destroyed another car, and risked the lives of other stunt people, and shut down traffic on a different freeway to get a few seconds of video to have CG artists transform (pardon the pun).

I think this is a much cheaper way to do it. It's like buying stock footage of city skylines, or city flyovers, or buying pictures from stockphoto.com instead of re-doing it.

Seems like a good move to me.

Hey, it's Hollywood. Why would you do something original that would cut in to your profit margin when you could copy someone else's work? :eek:bscene-birdiedoublered:

Rope

touche' gentlemen, touche'.

i didnt think of it in that light.

does anyone need a cut of sharon stone again being interviewed?

like a secretary scene?

anyone?

jomari said:
touche' gentlemen, touche'.

i didnt think of it in that light.

does anyone need a cut of sharon stone again being interviewed?

like a secretary scene?

anyone?

Brittany does gash shots for free. :teasing-neener:

Rope

yet another touche' rope... a gross one considering i cant say hoo hoo without thinking of britney...

Good find! I guess it doesn't surprise me, but it's still fun to watch the videos side-by-side.

This is another (sort of) comic book movie I would like to see re-done. I really hate the direction Bay/Spielberg took with this series. That and the fact the movie seemed like a 2hr endorsement just kinda of ruined it for me. I mean of all the cars in this world, the Autobots chose only GM vehicles? Really?

Yesfan70 said:
I mean of all the cars in this world, the Autobots chose only GM vehicles? Really?

No doubt! If you're only going to pimp one brand of vehicle, then at least make it Renault.

Hollywood has been doing this for years. I can see the next "Friday the 13th" movie. It takes place at a campground, there are alot of horny stupid teenagers getting drunk or stoned, I see a dark shadowy figure wearing a hockey mask, I see teenagers getting skewered while having sex (I also see the female seeing the masked man right before the skewering and screams but the male - who is on top thinks she's screaming in pleasure, then THWACK!!!!), I see one lone teenager a female who no matter how fast she runs in the forest, The hockey mask killer who only walks (with a limp mind you) will always not only catch up to her but sometimes get ahead of her. (Bonus points if she trips and hurts her ankle on a tiny pebble) I see her getting away after finding some ingenious way to "kill" the Hockey mask wearing killer with the machete and although he has been killed numerous times in numerous ways, somehow the cosmos will align to ensure that he gets brought back to life to cause havoc on a new brand of horny teenagers who after 11 seasons still continue to come to the camp ground where every year 10-15 teenagers get brutally killed. I also see one real stupid deputy who questions why the campground is open every year but does nothing about it.

Lather, Rinse, Repeat Matt.

I don't find anything too surprising about that.

They do the very same thing with the last two Terminator movies too...the wrecking-ball-on-a-truck thing.

And honorable mention is a way overused line in movie dialog involving any superior vs. subordinate that's been gone a while that I don't miss is "with all due respect...." Got sick of hearing that.

But I'll watch cars get smashed over and over though...especially if they're GeneralMaintenance or Cry-slur. Because they always have more pieces that will come flying off more easily for the effects so you might notice that in these repeat scenes too.

Back