• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Transformers: Dark of The Moon

Batman

Well-Known Member
Staff member
Moderator
Famous
I'm not sure I like how Bay is re-writing history so-to-speak based on that trailer...Sure in the other movies he referenced Transformers discovering Earth millions of years ago, but he didn't alter significant REAL historical events at all. Of course I'll see it and hopefully the story as a whole can change my first impressions from that trailer. Then again it would have to be one serious POS flick to be worse than TF2 :happy-smileygiantred:
 

Mannix2106

Active Member
I can't wait! I, like IG, really liked the first two Transformer movies. The story line on this one is interesting and I'm not sure how it will tie into the previous Transformers but I'm sure they have found a way.

I hope Shia's new girlfriend looks better in the movie then in pictures cause she doesn't look at that great.
 

Mannix2106

Active Member
DIYer said:
Mannix2106 said:
like IG, really liked the first two Transformer movies.
Huh? I thought he couldn't stand it and stopped it half way. :shock:
Haha ya he doesn't like Transformers. I just remember him always posting about his disgust towards Transformers.

Does IG post on this board?
 

Batman

Well-Known Member
Staff member
Moderator
Famous
Mannix2106 said:
I can't wait! I, like IG, really liked the first two Transformer movies. The story line on this one is interesting and I'm not sure how it will tie into the previous Transformers but I'm sure they have found a way.

I hope Shia's new girlfriend looks better in the movie then in pictures cause she doesn't look at that great.
That's one of the problems with Bay's directing, often he doesn't find a way and leaves gi-normous plot holes in the story. Both movies suffer from this, but much more so in TF2...
 

DIYer

Well-Known Member
Famous
Only way it can be better is if Bay takes a job as a special effects coordinator only.
 

Batman

Well-Known Member
Staff member
Moderator
Famous
I'm going into it expecting it to be a bit better than TF2, with exceptional SFXs and sensory overload. If it turns out to be "good" I'll consider that a huge bonus. Bay pretty much got ripped a new one for TF2 for so many reasons they'd be impossible to list here, but since he's "plugged in" to the backlash from that movie, I expect TF3 to be a marginal improvement...
 

Yesfan70

I'm famous now bitches! vvvvv
Famous
I just can't make myself like Micheal Bay, so I doubt I'll see it. I hated the first movie, but still planned on seeing the 2nd one since I'm a fan of the comic/cartoon. Since I still have yet to see the 2nd one, I doubt the 3rd one will even be thought about.


I was hoping that Frank Welker was going to reprise his role as the voice of Megatron. Seems like I read that when the 3rd film was started. Now seems Hugo Weaving is keeping the part. I like Hugo, but to me Megatron will always be Welker, just like Optimus will always be Peter Cullen.
 

Batman

Well-Known Member
Staff member
Moderator
Famous
Yesfan70 said:
I just can't make myself like Micheal Bay, so I doubt I'll see it. I hated the first movie, but still planned on seeing the 2nd one since I'm a fan of the comic/cartoon. Since I still have yet to see the 2nd one, I doubt the 3rd one will even be thought about.


I was hoping that Frank Welker was going to reprise his role as the voice of Megatron. Seems like I read that when the 3rd film was started. Now seems Hugo Weaving is keeping the part. I like Hugo, but to me Megatron will always be Welker, just like Optimus will always be Peter Cullen.
Yesfan, did you know that they considered Welker for the part, but when they matched his voice to the menacing robot they had created, they didn't feel it translated to the movie very well at all. After seeing the test footage I agree. Welker continues to reprise the role for many animated versions still, including video games.
 

Yesfan70

I'm famous now bitches! vvvvv
Famous
I wonder if a lot of that has anything to do with how Megatron looks in the movie compared to the cartoon. They are totally different in appearance where as Prime looks pretty much the same.

BTW.....for those who didn't know, Welker also does the voice for Freddy from Scooby Doo.
 

Batman

Well-Known Member
Staff member
Moderator
Famous
Yesfan70 said:
I wonder if a lot of that has anything to do with how Megatron looks in the movie compared to the cartoon. They are totally different in appearance where as Prime looks pretty much the same.

BTW.....for those who didn't know, Welker also does the voice for Freddy from Scooby Doo.
Yeah it pretty much had everything to do with that...
 
Top