• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Truck Stop Missouri trailor premeirs aug 3rd Travel Channel

Re: Truck Stop Missouri trailor premeirs aug 3rd Travel Chan

^^^ LOL!

I'm surprised there isn't a "Redneck Channel". I bet if one of the networks started one with that type of programming, ratings would be through the roof.

It's cool to be a redneck; very much in vogue. Though, probably not quite as popular as it was a few years back when Larry The Cable Guy was at his peak.

This is your future. Embrace the programing!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clYwX8Z43zg[/youtube]

Orbison said:
Reality show are cheap to produce, no high actor salaries & script writers to pay. What's next - old hooker documentaries on the History channel? :scared-yipes:

I see a need to reorganize the channel lineup - actual historical events (with the original cast) in History, redneck stuff (Swamp people, Billy the exterminator, Monster Trucks) in the Redneck channel, etc. - you know, truth in advertising.

Never happen, though, as long as they can get away with forcing cable subscribers to pay for channels they don't watch.

I think the problem is that these ARE the shows people watch. Im sure the creaters of The LEARNING Channel, The HISTORY Channel, The TRAVEL Channel et al would rather have more appropriate programming but they have to show what makes money. I've been at many social gatherings were people talked about how much they enjoyed programs like Swamp People and Pawn Stars. I'd be willing to bet that Real Housewives and Toddlers and Tiarras get more viewers than whatever historical series your thinking of.

Despite whether or not Pawn Stars is channel appropriate, I really enjoy it. It was the top rated show on cable, if its not still currently. Outside of that, I get very little enjoyment (there are a couple exceptions) out of much on TV, in fact I find most of it disgusting. Take Jersey Shore for example, it turning low-life's into celebrities and makes acting like a complete douchebag into news... :handgestures-thumbdown:

My God that looks terrible!

Razz said:
My God that looks terrible!

You mean that it's terrible you hadn't yet heard about this awesome program, right?

Batman said:
Despite whether or not Pawn Stars is channel appropriate, I really enjoy it.

I actually think Pawn Stars comes closer to being channel appropriate than some of the other programs on History Channel. At least they sometimes get old stuff on the show and talk about its history. A little bit, anyway. Same goes for "American Pickers", I suppose, though to a lesser extent. That said... Ice Road Truckers and the new US version of Top Gear seem to be beyond a stretch for the history genre. Might be entertaining, but nothing historical about those shows in the least.

On a different note... Have you ever see "Hard Core Pawn"?

I've only watched one episode, but it was a totally different beast. It was as if Jerry Springer was filming his show at a Pawn Shop. I think it airs on TruTV???

Ugh, TruTV. One channel I would like to see gone. A couple of friends of mine were telling me about this repo show that I thought I would like. I can't remember the show's name, but it was nothing like The Repossessors that was shown on Discovery Channel a few years back. That show was actually pretty cool.

The TrTV show had these rednecks that run a repo company in a hick town called Lizard Lick. That's about the most stupid unrealistic show I have ever seen. It's really bad when you have to resort to producing a fake reality show and it seems that channel is all they show.....garbage. None of the people on these shows are real as with Pawn Stars etc.

I don't watch a lot of reality TV. What I consider to be "reality" TV is shows like Pawn Stars, Ghost Hunters, Ax Men, Deadliest Catch, etc as those shows are looking at how these types of businesses are run in a given day. Amazing Race, Dancing With the Stars, Survivor, is just utter crap imo and nothing "reality" about it. Seriously, what seems more realistic, being stuck on a desert island or trying to maintain and run a family owned business?

Yesfan70 said:
Ugh, TruTV. One channel I would like to see gone.

It might as well be gone for me. I don't get it in HD, and I never surf the non-HD channels.

Yesfan70 said:
Seriously, what seems more realistic, being stuck on a desert island or trying to maintain and run a family owned business?

Trying to run a family owned business, you say? Then you'll really like this brand new reality show that premieres August 3rd on the Travel Channel. It's about this guy who runs a Truck Stop in Missouri.

:teasing-tease:

Maybe the show is part of Missouri's secret plan to discourage illegals from moving there - it could be a good thing!

One of my favorite reality TV shows was "Trick My Truck" that originally aired on CMT. Ok... maybe part of its charm was the bad acting, like when the Chrome Shop Mafia would show up at the truck stop and the driver would come out yelling, "Hey... what are you guys doing with my truck??!!!". Obviously staged, yet totally awesome! Incidentally, there was a driver in one of the episodes who worked for one of my buddies.

Back