• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

True Blood

PaulyT

Behind the Curtain
Staff member
Administrator
Superstar
Now here's a show that I'm hooked on after only a few episodes! I've seen 4 so far, only drawback is that there are only 2 episodes per BD - why can't they fit more!?!? And no streaming, so am actually using the netflix disc rental more than in the past several months!

It's got good music, too - I actually let the credits run so I can listen to the music, that's a rare thing.

Okay... I saw a few episodes in the first season and kinda liked them. Well, tonight I am Beijing with nothing to do and one of the only English channels on TV is HBO (China version with no nudity and less gruesome death).

What the hell is the deal with this show? Now there are werewolves, witches, and shape shifters? The idea I really liked about the early True Blood episodes was the somewhat believeable idea that vampires have always been around us but now they were in the public. Now they have added all the imaginable fantasy creatures and totally removed any chance at believability? Next they'll add unicorns, trolls, and angels.

True Blood was based on a series of books by Charlaine Harris. The first season stuck pretty close to the books, the second wandered off a bit and the show got progressively farther off the reservation until this season, there is no longer any connection between the plot of the show and the plot of the books other than some characters. Believe it or not, this doesn't bother me and this season is one of my favorites so far.

The books start out with vampires and then gradually introduce shape shifters (including werewolves and werepanthers), witches, demons and fairies. I am a huge fan of the books, which are both funnier and less dark than the show.

yeah, it starts getting bizarre but stays interesting. Though following Game of Thrones shows how campy it really is. Pauly, get you a free month of HBO and catch all the seasons on HBO GO. Or just get HBO, Sunday night programming is fantastic, Boardwalk Empire comes back in September.

Back