• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

TV Resolution Question

mzpro5

Famous
What is the difference between a TV listed as having a native resolution of 3840x2160 and one listed as 2160p?

Which one is better? And is the difference worth $800?

Thanks in advance.

Looks the same to me. The 3840 x 2160 TV is, indeed, a 2160p TV. The differences between those two TVs probably has little to do with raw resolution. Things like the quality of the video processor, the dynamic range (HDR and support for the various HDR standards), and the power and quality of the Smart TV features are more likely to be the reason for the cost difference. Or, one is just an older model.

As Flint suggested, there is no difference in resolution. The extra money is merely for features and/or processing power. Think back to when HDTV was becoming the norm. Any set referred to as "1080p" had a resolution of 1920x1080. So these days with 4K beginning to be the norm, any and all 2160p sets will have resolutions of 3840x2160.

It appears to me the C7 has an additional 20W Subwoofer which the cheaper B7 does not have. There could be other differences, but from what I can tell they have the same screens. Even the E7 appears to cost more because it has loads of extra speakers.

That said, for some reason the cheaper B7 weighs nearly 4 lbs more than the C7. Maybe a lighter chassis?

Well I ordered a B series set thru Amazon. I wanted to get it thru Amazon not a third party seller (I have found it makes thing easier if there is a problem) so my delivery for it is 4-6 weeks as they have none in stock right now.

Doesn't really bother me waiting, my current set is working fine.

Back