• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

TVset Box comparison from PC

I have to take extreme exception to a review that gives the $300 gawd-awful Logitech Revue 4 stars while giving the $100 Roxu XDS only 2 1/2. This is clearly based on specs and not actual use experience.

Towen7 said:
I have to take extreme exception to a review that gives the $300 gawd-awful Logitech Revue 4 stars while giving the $100 Roxu XDS only 2 1/2. This is clearly based on specs and not actual use experience.

I agree, especially when you really look at the specs there isn't that much difference.

The biggest technical difference is that the Logitech and WD products can stream video content from your local network. I'm just not convinced that normal people have much video content on their computers. And that the majority of what's there isn't what they want on the TV. That being said I myself want that ability but not at the expense of a painfully slow and clunky interface. It has to "just work" and the Revue is just terrible.

B and I had a first hand experience with the Revue, and I thought it was poorly designed, with crappy SW and the hardware was even worse. I couldn't agree more with the word "terrible" T7...

Batman said:
B and I had a first hand experience with the Revue, and I thought it was poorly designed, with crappy SW and the hardware was even worse. I couldn't agree more with the word "terrible" T7...

I give that thing a 1 star, for the idea! It doesn't function anywhere near as easily as the Roku at all. Sure, it's got more capabilities, but that's useless if they are executed poorly and are difficult to operate.

Back