• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Two Channel System

Here is my system. Have had these components for a year now. The Klipsch RF-7's are quite nice.

New Acoustic Dimension C 372 Integrated Amp
dbx 215 EQ
Klipsch RF-7 Speakers
SqueezeBox 3 Server
SONY CD/DVR Player
Custom (Home brew) speaker interconnects. 14 AWG, soldered and shrink tube insulation, color coded
All other device interconnects from Monoprice.com

Attachments

• AudioVideoSystem.JPG
    AudioVideoSystem.JPG
    231.4 KB · Views: 833
  • DSC00753.JPG
    DSC00753.JPG
    479.5 KB · Views: 736
Very nice! And welcome to the forum!

:text-welcomeconfetti:

So tell us a bit about yourself. Were you a member over at S&V? If not, how'd you find us here? Inquiring minds want to know... ;)

All:

Great to be here. I am a member @ S&V forums. I ran across a link over there for this site.

I have been at this 2 channel audio as a hobby for a long time. I still have part of my original system I purchased shortly after high school graduation. It is a 2 channel system: MCS Series Amp with a pair of Advents (10" woofer) I acquired a couple of years back for nothing. They were in need of refoaming. So I refoamed them and they sound great. They made a great upgrade for the ArcherKit speakers I purchased many years ago to go with the MCS amp.

I purchased my NAD integrated amp new and Klipsch RF-7's used about a year ago to replace a Marantz SR6001 and RF-62's. Just couldn't get used to the Marantz, way too many features and not enough 2 channel quality for me. Didn't like running a sub either. I prefer 2 channel anyday over the x.1 systems.

Not trying to tear a scab off or anything like that here with my 2 channel statements. 2 channel is my personal preferance. I respect all other member's choices in this forum.

Control_Tech
SouthEast Chicago Area- Northwest Indiana

Welcome! And Nice looking system you have.

No sweat....I love a good 2 channel setup myself as do many others.

Nice. There are a lot of folks here with great 2-channel systems, I think it's safe to say that most of us prefer 2-channel for regular music listening. For movies, well, that's probably another thing... ;) Although the X.Y designation really refers to the number of independent source channels, rather than the nature of the speakers used to output the material - we've had a number of discussions on this nitpick before...

Nice to see you here. I love it when guys fix stuff up themselves. We've got some talent folks around here so I think you'll fit in great.

Nice job with the refoaming and nice to see you made you own interconnects!

Two channel is many peoples favorite around here including mine. :eek:bscene-drinkingcheers:

Sweet setup. I love those RF-7s (I like Klipsch too).

Hello and welcome aboard.

Controls_Tech said:
...with a pair of Advents (10" woofer) I acquired a couple of years back for nothing. They were in need of refoaming. So I refoamed them and they sound great.
Welcome CT! I still have my original Advents which I bought new in 1979, mine still don't need refoaming and they've been abused... a lot! I will never part with them. Enjoy this forum, it's great! :handgestures-thumbup:

Botch said:
I still have my original Advents which I bought new in 1979, mine still don't need refoaming and they've been abused... a lot! I will never part with them.

That is incredible. The foam on these of mine was turned completely to small pieces and dust laying in the cabinet. The re-foaming process is easy. It took a couple hours for each speaker. I bought the foam kits from Orange County Speakers in CA. In the end it was well worth it. The bass reproduction is very good using even my old MCS system, no subwoofer needed here!!!

Welcome to the forum. Nice looking system.

Would like some info on the custom speaker wires. 14 AWG? Soldered?

<<<Would like some info on the custom speaker wires. 14 AWG? Soldered?>>>

Info: 14 gauge (AWG) speaker wire with gold plated banana jacks soldered to the wire. The jacks are made to be soldered. I booted them with color coded shrink tube (negative and positive). They are clean looking and do the job.

I got tired of over priced cables (M****** and etc.) that were mass produced and usually have O.D crimped connectors. I have had them fall apart before. Definitely didn't get what I paid for.

Controls_Tech

Back