• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Uh oh - Logitech Harmony One predicament

Botch

MetaBotch Doggy Dogg Mellencamp
Superstar
I've been happily using my Harmony One (which you guys told me about) for almost ten years, and its worked flawlessly.
During my days without power, the batteries were dying on it, and it actually started chirping at me when it was about to lose its memory (I didn't know it did that). Well, when the power came back on and I recharged it, my customized "Activities" came up okay:
Watch TV
Watch a Disk
Listen to Music
Roku
Phono
VHS
...but it wouldn't turn anything on anymore, like it remembered my custom activities but not which specific devices I had programmed in.
I remember setting the thing up, using Logitech's website, and could even save my settings at Logitech. Happily I still had the password, so I went to hook up my remote to my mac via USB; took me awhile to find where the mini-USB port was (on the top, under a rubber door).
I went to Logitech's website, >Remotes, and the Harmony One isn't listed anymore.
So, am I stuck having to buy a new remote? Any reccs as to which model (I don't need any home automation features)? Gah, just because of a power outage.

CMonster has it That is the program where you put in the device name and your password and it should take you right to your settings for devices and activities.

I just used it last week to tweak both of my Harmony Ones

Ah; you know, that software is probably on my old computer. I'll give that a try.

Success! When I downloaded the above s/w onto my new iMac, I also had to download some old Java code (lots of spinning beachballs). It wouldn't recognize either my ID or my password, but then it was able to identify me by hooking up my remote, and answering a security question. It then showed me my devices, but still wanted me to Power Toggle my LG TV's remote up my Harmony remotes' butt, it recognized it, but then I couldn't click on any more steps.
After trying a bunch of different things, I finally unplugged the Harmony (figuring I'd have to start over from scratch) but walked in the living room and everything worked; all's well that ends well. :D
Thanks much, guys!

Oh, and follow-up question: how damn many different styles of mini-USB connectors are there?? I had to try three before I found one that fit the Harmony One (and praise to Apple for the new Lightning connector, which has no up or down to it!)

Success! When I downloaded the above s/w onto my new iMac, I also had to download some old Java code (lots of spinning beachballs). It wouldn't recognize either my ID or my password, but then it was able to identify me by hooking up my remote, and answering a security question. It then showed me my devices, but still wanted me to Power Toggle my LG TV's remote up my Harmony remotes' butt, it recognized it, but then I couldn't click on any more steps.
After trying a bunch of different things, I finally unplugged the Harmony (figuring I'd have to start over from scratch) but walked in the living room and everything worked; all's well that ends well. :D
Thanks much, guys!

Oh, and follow-up question: how damn many different styles of mini-USB connectors are there?? I had to try three before I found one that fit the Harmony One (and praise to Apple for the new Lightning connector, which has no up or down to it!)
USB-C my good man!! Get with the program you fuddy duddy!!:biggrin:

I can't afford to replace DSLRs and laptops and remotes every time they change the standard. :suspicious:

;)

USB-C my good man!! Get with the program you fuddy duddy!!:biggrin:
Well, crap. I just read a review of the new iPad, and I didn't realize USB-C superceded the Lightning connector, I thought it was the other way around. And I just realized about a week ago that my "new" iPhone isn't 5G-compatible, either.

I give up.

Well, crap. I just read a review of the new iPad, and I didn't realize USB-C superceded the Lightning connector, I thought it was the other way around. And I just realized about a week ago that my "new" iPhone isn't 5G-compatible, either.

I give up.
5G the myth

At this point, 5G is a bad joke

"Thinking of buying a new phone, just for high-speed mmWave 5G? Do yourself a favor: Don't."

USB-C my good man!! Get with the program you fuddy duddy!!
I just noticed that I have FOUR different style USB "mini" plugs attached to my new computer, no telling how many more downstairs.

Reminds me of the time I wanted to solder a new cannon plug onto a "standard" 9V wall wart; Radio Shack had forty-one different sizes, and NONE of them fit the device, whatever it was. Shows what a Triumph, and Anomaly, MIDI was...

Back