• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

UK Magazine's top drummers poll

Mastodon and Blink 182 drummers made the list :roll:

Big LOL @ the Slipknot drummer topping the list.

I haven't heard much of Slipknot, but I got a feeling I would not like it. For Joey Jordison to get the #1 spot, that tells me speed must be everything. If that's the case, I'm surprised Lars Ulrich didn't make the cut.

IMO, Phil Selway (Radiohead) and Carter Beauford (Dave Matthews Band) should have made the list and Phil Collins should have been listed higher.

Yesfan70 said:
I haven't heard much of Slipknot, but I got a feeling I would not like it. For Joey Jordison to get the #1 spot, that tells me speed must be everything. If that's the case, I'm surprised Lars Ulrich didn't make the cut.
Here's some for a taste. Interesting how they tilt and rotate it. I wonder if it's that much more challenging. :eek:

That drumsolo blew. It was the same thing over and over again. Very disappointing. Yawn.

That list is more or less for relavent UK drummers. No Matt Cameron? :( And Dave Grohl isn't that good of a drummer. Overall he is a freakin awesome multitalented musician.

Fun list if nothing else.

Maximo said:
That drumsolo blew. It was the same thing over and over again. Very disappointing. Yawn.

That list is more or less for relavent UK drummers. No Matt Cameron? :( And Dave Grohl isn't that good of a drummer. Overall he is a freakin awesome multitalented musician.

My thoughts exactly. There's no way in hell he's better than Phil or Neil, much less topping the list.

Might as well put Tommy Lee up there.

What's with these damn websites that can't just give you the list, you have to click on each one and wait for the page to load?!

I agree, the Slipknot drum solo blew chunks, but the videos I have of them in concert, he's damn good, probably the best musician in the band (and the lead guitarist and vocalist are quite good, too). Some drummers excel at backing a band but don't do so good in solo mode. The drummer in my last band was like that, LOVED playing with him but when he "soloed" during sound check, I usually had to leave the room, sounded like three tennis shoes in a clothes dryer... :angry-banghead:

Video embeds are something I've been meaning to try. I don't think it's possible to do it at the moment with the default software, but it should be possible to enable it (by adding a special "bbcode"). I'll look into it when I get a chance.

Maximo said:

I would disagree with that opinion.

I think Dave's an amazing drummer with the style that he utilizes.

There are many I could add/change to the list, but I am VERY surprised that Danny Carey (tool) isn't on the list. I would rank him as #1 or 2 along with Neil.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d7vpNvRaZo[/youtube]

Mayeb I haven't seen enough of him to actually say that.

Although. Danny Carey FTW! Love Tool.

I'm not a big Tool fan (probably not much of one at all), but I have to agree after seeing that clip. Danny should have made that list. That was pretty impressive.

Back