• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Universal music going Hi-Rez!!!

I still have not gotten my copy of Beck's Sea Change. Amazon sent an email indicating that the disc was still not in stock and that they would send it as soon as they get it. Has anyone received or seen and of these high rez Universal Music Group discs in stores or online that are actually in stock? I wonder if there was some kind of unexpected release delay?

AndySTL said:
I still have not gotten my copy of Beck's Sea Change. Amazon sent an email indicating that the disc was still not in stock and that they would send it as soon as they get it. Has anyone received or seen and of these high rez Universal Music Group discs in stores or online that are actually in stock? I wonder if there was some kind of unexpected release delay?
I'm still waiting for my copy of Sea Change to arrive at my local bricks and mortar retailer.

JeffMackwood said:
AndySTL said:
I'm still waiting for my copy of Sea Change to arrive at my local bricks and mortar retailer.
A month later and it still has not arrived. I've been doing some searching and nobody listing it in North America (including Amazon) actually has any in stock. I suspect that none have been delivered to retailers / distributors yet. Which of course begs the question as to why, since it looks like the other titles in this bunch of releases are available.

The buyer at my bricks and mortar local store managed to track down a copy. Picked it up Friday. Been listening to it most of today. Very nice! One of the best 5.1 surround mixes I've ever heard: not too much; not too little; smack dab in the Goldilocks region.

First time through I was so comfortably enveloped that I fell asleep and missed half of it. :)

Jeff

JeffMackwood said:
The buyer at my bricks and mortar local store managed to track down a copy. Picked it up Friday. Been listening to it most of today. Very nice! One of the best 5.1 surround mixes I've ever heard: not too much; not too little; smack dab in the Goldilocks region.

First time through I was so comfortably enveloped that I fell asleep and missed half of it. :)

Jeff

Is there also a hi rez 2 channel track?

AndySTL said:
JeffMackwood said:

Jeff

Is there also a hi rez 2 channel track?
Yup

Back