• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Upcoming Music releases

I just checked my "basket" (woohoo!) at Amazon, and I had NOT pre-ordered it. Have to pick up a copy on the way home from work tomorrow! :handgestures-thumbup:

Um, I didn't mean "basket", I meant "Cart"... :eusa-whistle:

Botch said:
Um, I didn't mean "basket", I meant "Cart"... :eusa-whistle:

Heh, heh... It puts the lotion in the basket. :teasing-tease:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rgSnm2-2ps[/youtube]

Botch. The drummer whose name escapes you is Prairie Prince. I'm new to this board but I came over from the other board.

garypf said:
Botch. The drummer whose name escapes you is Prairie Prince. I'm new to this board but I came over from the other board.
Welcome Gary! I hope your enjoy yourself and that you post often!
:text-welcomeconfetti:

garypf said:
That's it! Thanks Gary, and Welcome! :text-welcomeconfetti:

Botch,

Great thread concept. I was just going to start one called "most anticipated upcoming music release" when I spotted yours!

My pick - by far: Lady Gaga's Born This Way CD - release date 2011 May 23.

Jeff

Attachments

• 51DXyxrToYL__SS500_.jpg
    51DXyxrToYL__SS500_.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 463
Kate Bush has a new album coming out where she re-recorded and re-wrote some of her old music which she wasn't 100% ahppy with the first time around. One of the songs had some words from James Joyce's Ulyses which she couldn't get permission to use the first time around so she rewrote the lyrics back then. She got permission to use his words this time around.

I am excited by this upcoming release.

http://www.gigwise.com/news/62338/Kate- ... acklisting

katebush1.jpg

Flint said:
One of the songs had some words from James Joyce's Ulyses which she couldn't get permission to use the first time around so she rewrote the lyrics back then. She got permission to use his words this time around.
Joyce died during WWII, do you know how long an estate has copyright control of a literary work before it becomes "public domain"? I know its 25 years for lyrics, but it must be longer for novels.
I love Kate too, added to the list! :handgestures-thumbup:

Botch said:
Flint said:
One of the songs had some words from James Joyce's Ulyses which she couldn't get permission to use the first time around so she rewrote the lyrics back then. She got permission to use his words this time around.
Joyce died during WWII, do you know how long an estate has copyright control of a literary work before it becomes "public domain"? I know its 25 years for lyrics, but it must be longer for novels.
I love Kate too, added to the list! :handgestures-thumbup:

Hmmm...

Always thought that copyright was 50 years from date of author's death. I recall that a few years ago the "Disney Rule" extended it to 75 years (from Walt's death) because some of their classics were about to go public domain and they had great lobbyists in D.C.!

Any legal counsels out there who know for sure?

Thanks Botch and Zing! I hope to post when I am able and to seek advice about audio gear. I didn't know about the new Kate Bush release. I love her last one - "Aerial."

JeffMackwood said:
Hmmm...

Always thought that copyright was 50 years from date of author's death. I recall that a few years ago the "Disney Rule" extended it to 75 years (from Walt's death) because some of their classics were about to go public domain and they had great lobbyists in D.C.!

Any legal counsels out there who know for sure?

I thought it was 75 years, but I'm no lawyer either.

On a side note, 80s band Men at Work were sued for a hefty copyright issue last year due to the flute part in "Down Under" being taken or sampled from an old Australian Children's song ("Kookaburra Sits In The Old Gum Tree"). That song was written by Marion Sinclair in the 30s. Funny thing was the Men weren't sued until after Sinclair's death (she died in '88), which then the song became the property of Larrikin Music. Larrikin sued for 60% of royalties since the song's release and won the case.

to be released April 26th . . . .
41mp-WIEnlL._SS400_.jpg

Track Listings ~~
1. The Road
2. Home Sweet Home
3. My Name Is Emmett Till
4. Goodnight Old World
5. New Orleans
6. Big Black Dog
7. Lonely Girl
8. Hard Bargain
9. Six White Cadillacs
10. The Ship on His Arm
11. Darlin' Kate

lookin' forward to dropping this one in my player
Hope it's a good one . . . .

NEW MUSIC ALERT:

This comes out tomorrow on CD and Vinyl and is available for pre-order at most places....

41lPBWlwiCL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

2011 posthumous release, a collection of previously unreleased tracks, alternate versions of existing classics, as well as a couple of brand new Amy compositions. Following her tragic passing, some of the producers and musicians who worked closely with Amy Winehouse, among them Mark Ronson and Salaam Remi, spent time listening over the many recordings that Amy had made, before, during, and after the release of Frank and Back To Black. It was said by all who worked with Amy that she never sang or played a song the same way twice. It quickly became apparent to Salaam and Mark that they had a collection of songs that deserved to be heard, a collection of songs that were a fitting treatment to Amy the artist and, as importantly, Amy the friend.

Here is the Amazon.com Link ------> http://www.amazon.com/Lioness-Hidde...=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1323118329&sr=1-1

Dennie

Back