• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Video camera recommendations?

Towen7 said:
Yesfan70 said:
Bump.

So far, I'm really happy with this camera's performance. I still got to go through all the ends and outs of the manual to fully understand what all it can do. Any of you guys have any good recommendations for some accessories? I purchased a bag and another SD card (32GB), but was wondering if I'm leaving anything out that might be must buys for this camera. Thanks.

Consider a tripod or monopod to help stabilize the camera while shooting. Does it have a microphone input? If so consider an external mic and boom.

I have a small cheap tripod I got from eBay for my cameras years back (about a foot, foot and half tall.), but nothing where a camera and/or camcorder can really have the unit elevated. I've thought about a boom mic too since this camcorder does have an input. Got any recommendations for a small budget?

Just to let you know, I have a Sony camcorder I bought new in 2010. It uses SD cards, in fact it came with an SD card.

JeffMackwood said:
So I'm WAY late to this thread but...

I'm super seriously considering the Canon EOS Rebel T3i.

Super camera (for a non-pro like me) plus 1080p video (at 24 or 30 fps).

Plus I'm already into the EOS line (going way back) so I have a variety of lenses, accessories, etc. to use.

If there's a good Boxing Day sale on them somewhere tomorrow...

Jeff
Jeff saw this on Woot today :text-link:, not sure how close it is to the EOS model you just described...also by the time you get to it woot may have a blender for sale.

Back