• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Video Game Syncing

Towen7

Staff member
Why can't my game saves be synced across multiple machines on the same network?

I dont think it's usual to have more than one console in the house, or more than one iOS device. But there is no way to way to save my progress on one machine and pickup from that save point on another. My Kindle can sync with other platforms so I'm always on the same page... Why can't my Xbox sync with other Xboxes, or my iPad sync with my iPhone?

I'd buy a LOT more games if they worked this way.

off topic.....

is there a glitch with the forums? I saw 4 versions of this same topic and I was hving trouble posting replies to some of the other threads. Seemed the boards would just hang up and stall when I clicked the submit button.

I think there was a little glitch... I clicked SUBMIT but nothing happened, so I clicked it again. Still nothing. A few more clicks and I just shut down my browser and logged back in. I saw4 identical threads, so I deleted the three duplicates.

Towen7 said:
Why can't my game saves be synced across multiple machines on the same network?

I dont think it's usual to have more than one console in the house, or more than one iOS device. But there is no way to way to save my progress on one machine and pickup from that save point on another. My Kindle can sync with other platforms so I'm always on the same page... Why can't my Xbox sync with other Xboxes, or my iPad sync with my iPhone?

I'd buy a LOT more games if they worked this way.

I believe this is coming in the November xbox 360 fall update.

All your game save data can be cloud stored for when you use different machines.

http://www.winrumors.com/xbox-360-cloud ... available/

D

Towen7 said:
Lemme guess ... I'll need an Xbox live Gold account?

C'mon dude, it's like 3 bucks a month.... you probably spend more on gum! :laughing-lettersrofl:

D

I'd just be happy if my PS3 system would play ANY of my PS2 games like its been saying it does for years now. Not one damn game plays on the PS3 properly. It either won't play it all or if it does play the audio doesn't sync up or the video is all blocky.

I do like the idea of a cloud based server to store everything. That way you can go to a buddies house with your accumulated weapons stash and annihilate the crap out of him on his own turf.

Cloud based game saves would be cool but all I'm asking for today is that I can access saved games on the different Xboxes on my own network.

Back