• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Visual Danger with 3DTV?

nelmr

I saw this article:

http://www.audioholics.com/news/editori ... our-health

And was wondering if this is really a potential cause for concern or not. I remember as a kid (don't know how old but likely around the age of 7 or older) I had a stereogram book that I loved to stare at. I didn't know that doing this was forcing a temporary lazy eye effect.

The article claims that 3DTV basically makes the eyes go into temporary lazy eye mode effortlessly (unlike starting at a stereogram). The concern is could spending a lot of time in-front of a 3DTV cause the eye to learn and begin to exhibit bad habits (such as lazy eye). The new TV I bought is 3D capable but I don't have any glasses nor do I expect to get any unless the price drops to around $50. I didn't buy the new TV for 3D. I bought it because it's a great 2D set for a really good price. 3D is just an added bonus and nice have.

Growing up I had exceptional vision in my left eye (20/16) and so so in my right (20/25ish). As I got older my vision has reduced and I wear glasses now with a slight prescription (both eyes are around 20/25-30 though the left is still sharper). I work in-front of a PC 8 hours a day and often experience blurred/stained eyes. I realize that these two things don't have much to do with lazy eye effects, but I am wondering if 3DTV will be one more thing that will cause eye fatigue in me. I've never noticed an issue when looking at them in stores but that was only for a few minutes or so.

Don't wait for the guv'mint to tell you if its safe or not; how many years have we be flouridating water, and now the problems are being discovered?

Botch said:
Don't wait for the guv'mint to tell you if its safe or not; how many years have we be flouridating water, and now the problems are being discovered?

Flour-idating water? That sounds messy... and wouldn't it clog the pipes? ;)

41F3Y1ZK9XL.jpg

As for myself, I'm still on the fence regarding indoor toilets. Doesn't seem like a good idea to poop and pee in one's own home. You flush the toilet and all sorts of sh!t sprays up into the air. They claim things are more sanitary than they were before indoor plumbing, but I'm half tempted to build me an outhouse. Then call in the honey wagon a few times a year.

Kazaam said:
Flour-idating water? That sounds messy... and wouldn't it clog the pipes? ;)

41F3Y1ZK9XL.jpg
I used that flour mixed with regular flour when I used to make my own pizza dough. Good stuff.

I've only seem short demos of 3D, but I'll admit that the sensation was a little unsettling. I'm no doctor, and don't know if 3D poses any danger or not---heck, the answer to that question seems to still be up for debate even with regards to developing kids, let alone us adults----but I can understand being a little leary of using it too much. I don't think I'd want to watch it all the time, just in case.

In a way, it's kind of like what Botch says, even though I made fun of him...

And, hey, at least we get good teeth by fluoridating water, even if it may ultimately poison us. But what do we get from 3D if it turns out it is unhealthy for us? Not more than a few hours entertainment to show for our bad eyesight. But then again what else is new? So many enjoyable things in life have negative consequences. Fast food, snack foods, alcohol, cigarettes, sex. Not to mention the hairy palms one gets from jerkin' it off too many times. Live fast, shave palms.

Kazaam said:
As for myself, I'm still on the fence regarding indoor toilets. Doesn't seem like a good idea to poop and pee in one's own home. You flush the toilet and all sorts of sh!t sprays up into the air. They claim things are more sanitary than they were before indoor plumbing, but I'm half tempted to build me an outhouse. Then call in the honey wagon a few times a year.
It was 3 degrees Fahrenheit outside when I got up to piss this morning on my spraying indoor toilet. You are more than welcome to an outhouse. :teasing-tease:

Orbison said:
Remember to piss in spurts.

Crabs can swim upstream.

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :happy-smileygiantred:

Rope

Orbison said:
Remember to piss in spurts.

Crabs can swim upstream.
According to Mythbusters, "Although it is possible to electrocute yourself by urinating on a third rail, you would have to stand unrealistically close to the rail to do it. In most instances, a urine stream would break into droplets before making contact with the rail" so it's busted. http://mythbustersresults.com/episode3

Back