• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Vizio 2016 P Series Dolby Vision & HDR10 Monitor !

Barney

Longhorns, Cowboys, Spurs, & Rangers...love Texas
Re: Vizio 2016 P UHD/HDR !

Holy crap! Those are game changing price points. I doubt they can go toe to toe with the top Sony and Samsung sets, but they are HALF the money. It looks like Vizio is going to hold onto their best bang for the buck crown awhile longer.

I don't like the silver color being used to designate a top-end model. But did I read where it was aluminum? My iPad was having trouble displaying the page. If so, that makes it halfways acceptable. Might even could look good potentially, not in my current setup, but somebody's perhaps.

Haywood

$2300 less than I paid for my Sony and $4300 less than the current model. This will have to put downward pressure on the entire market.

Hey Flint.....the Vizio P series is just a monitor ( cannot be called a TV due to not having a ATSC tuner). Just joking with you about the OTA thing.

The off-axis performance on my 940C is ridiculous for an LCD set. It is completely watchable from 15+ feet to the side only six feet back. It loses remarkably little color saturation or brightness.

Even after having this thing for a couple months, the picture quality still drops my jaw occasionally. I find myself watching something and thinking, "I cannot BELIEVE how good this looks."

Looks like a big winner!
Very happy to see this good a TV at this price point.

I've been slowly watching this set for the past two weeks. Considering I haven't used a built in tuner for over two decades.

I read a review last night in Sound & Vision of the new $4,000 LG OLED set, which they're claiming has the best pic ever. They still had this Visio in-house, and did a side-by-side. They were close, very very close; the price difference makes it a no-brainer. :handgestures-thumbup:

CNET has the Vizio P series at the top of their a Best Televisions section.

They seem to enjoy this monitor. Some folks seem to have issues with setting up the tablet for casting. If I was wanting to buy.....this would be the one.

Given the recent price reduction on the Sony 940D, I would still shell out the extra for the Sony if I were buying today. The Vizio is great, but the Sony destroys it on up-conversion of existing content.

Haywood said:
Given the recent price reduction on the Sony 940D, I would still shell out the extra for the Sony if I were buying today. The Vizio is great, but the Sony destroys it on up-conversion of existing content.

I would think that this is a pretty big deal, too, since we don't have much 4k content yet. It is interesting to see the pressure that companies like Vizio are able to put on companies like Sony and where the pros & cons fall.

John

yromj said:
Haywood said:

I would think that this is a pretty big deal, too, since we don't have much 4k content yet. It is interesting to see the pressure that companies like Vizio are able to put on companies like Sony and where the pros & cons fall.

John

The Vizio gets pretty close to the performance of the Sony when dealing with native 4K HDR content, but it cannot match the processing Sony applies to 720p and 1080p material. Sony has the best image processing in the TV business and it really shows. My Vudu HDX movies look absolutely fantastic. Even the highly compressed video on TV shows from "alternative" sources looks surprisingly good. This is definitely NOT true with many of the other sets. Even the LG OLED sets do a very poor job of up-conversion compared with the Sony flagships. It is not even close, which is why I went with Sony. The only other vendor that competes on this level is Samsung.

^^^
But you have to pay thousands of dollars more to get a Sony. So if you have to pay thousands more........it should be thousands more better, right ?
By the way, the Vizio P's haven't been updated to handle HDR, maybe Aug, but they say the Dolby Vision material , which it does support, looks awesome.

It really depends on how highly you weight performance with existing material. I doubt I will upgrade most of my huge library to UHD, so I want it to look as good as possible.

Back