• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Water on the Road: Eddie Vedder live BD

smgreen20

images

I don't have the standard Blu plastic case, mine is in a cardboard CD type book.

I'm only half way through this disc, as I'm watching it right now, and so far it's not bad over all. It's just him, though he had a guest friend play along in Society. Picture quality is pretty good, it's in 720p, though it doesn't state what PQ it is in. I have my PS3 set for all PQ settings (720p, 1080i, 1080p) and when it started the TV showed 720p as the signal.

If you're a Vedder fan, as I am, then this is a must. My only downside isn't on the Discs side, but mine. I don't have a receiver that feed off of HDMI so my audio isn't uncompressed. I have to use fiber optic. But for what I have, the sound is very "roomy" or "open".

Hi I got this Bluray as well. I seem to be having audio issues though. I don't know if it's my Blu Ray player or a manufacturing or other defect. For example during the song "Girl from the North Country" I have some audio skipping right when Ed starts singing toward the beginning of the song. Wondering if this is a problem with my discs, with all discs, or just my Bluray player.

Can you listen to yours and see if you hear this too?

WisMike said:
Hi I got this Bluray as well. I seem to be having audio issues though. I don't know if it's my Blu Ray player or a manufacturing or other defect. For example during the song "Girl from the North Country" I have some audio skipping right when Ed starts singing toward the beginning of the song. Wondering if this is a problem with my discs, with all discs, or just my Bluray player.

Can you listen to yours and see if you hear this too?

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Is the firmware on your BD player up to date? Have you had this issue with any other discs? Answering no and yes would make me believe it's firmware, if not, then I would look to replace the disc.

Rope

Yes I have the latest firmware (LG BD 390 I believe). And no, I don't usually have issues like this, but of course maybe the next firmware update would fix it.

I just want to ask someone else who has it. If he had it too I would at least know it's not just me.

My next step would be to try it on another Blu Ray player which could also answer my question but haven't had the chance to do that yet.

But seems to me if it was a firmware issue I would not always have the same issue in exactly the same place, but maybe....

Yeah that's me. Someone said email their fan club but got an email back saying don't expect a response.

I did a search regarding problems with that particular disc and turned up nothing except what you had posted. Usually in a situation like this, there are many posts addressing problems with a disc not playing correctly, and Amazon will discontinue sales until the issue is corrected by the distributor.

I'd check the LG website and see if they may have a patch available for you BD player, since the disc doesn't seem to be the culprit.

Rope

Welcome, WisMike! Yeah, hopefully smgreen will respond about whether he had any issues with it, but he's not around all that frequently...

Like I said, as far as I know I have the latest firmware. It updated pretty recently and tells me automatically if there is an update.

In this case only Best Buy has the Blu Ray for sale. It is a Best Buy exclusive. The Blu Ray will be available to other retailers (including Amazon) on June 28. So it is of limited availability.

Also Pearl Jam's Ten Club emailed me back. They have not heard of any issues. He recommended I exchange it, but I think before I do I will find another Blu Ray player to try it on.

Back