• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Are You Listening To?

Voices_Carry_1985_Epic.jpg

Voices Carry

'Til Tuesday

1985 Epic

PaulyT said:
Umm... wow. And uh where's the fourth of this happy little family quartet?!?!?
There's a lively discussion elsewhere on that very question. Some possibilities:
1. He/she is the photographer,
2. He/she was crucified,
3. Simple math error by the band,
4. He/she is picking up snacks in Oregon, (<that's funny as hell but a year from now I'll wonder what the heck I was talking about)
5. There is no 5,
6. He/she is hiding in that hairdoo,
7. to be continued...
:mrgreen:

Ha! I was guessing he/she was chained up in a box in the basement...

Huey said:
Zing said:
What song?

Thinking Out Loud

Alright, I finally had a chance to check out the track. I heard a small portion of the song (like two measures) that had a similar groove and chord progression to that of Let's Get It On so I understand why you made the assertion. But I think it's small enough and insignificant enough that no one in the Gaye camp could make a valid claim. There are only so many notes and only so many possible chord progression sequences in the musical universe, there is bound to be some "borrowing".

Zing said:
Huey said:
Zing said:
What song?

Thinking Out Loud

Alright, I finally had a chance to check out the track. I heard a small portion of the song (like two measures) that had a similar groove and chord progression to that of Let's Get It On so I understand why you made the assertion. But I think it's small enough and insignificant enough that no one in the Gaye camp could make a valid claim. There are only so many notes and only so many possible chord progression sequences in the musical universe, there is bound to be some "borrowing".

I would argue that Ed's song sounds more like Marvin's than Pharrell/Thicke's did. At least the bass riff starting at about 23 or 24 seconds. It really doesn't matter, was trying to see if everybody else heard it, or I was hearing things. I think Ed has a pretty bright future.

Zevon-Bonus-Tracks-300x300.jpg

This took me back, I had sung a song called "Carmelita" in some band decades ago, it's on this album and I didn't realize it was a WZ tune.

Back