• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Are You Listening To?

Room_For_Squares_2001_Aware_Columbia_LP.jpg

Room For Squares

John Mayer

2001 Aware/Columbia

Been listening to my Super Session SACD for the first time in a long time.

I've pretty much relegated my home theater to only the occasional movie. Never for music ever since I downsized to those miniature Cambridge Audio wall-mounted speakers. Blame the cat who jumps on everything. And its idiot owner who replaced an indestructible, all-steel TV stand with a fragile glass one that would shatter (and bring the plasma to the floor) the first time kitty topples said speaker.

I digress slightly. Anyway... It's been enjoyable hearing a room come alive with surround sound. Those little cubes aren't half bad even if they do make the sub play the upper bass, which is slightly noticeable on this album.

51wZZIkwExL.jpg

Stone Gods - Silver Spoons & Broken Bones

Wish they'd release whatever they recorded of their shelved second album.

51uPPDVfDLL._SS980.jpg

Remember that Valentines Day cartoon I posted, where some of us celebrate the V-day with two bottles and one glass? Well, I didn't quite do that, I don't think, but The Man In The Brown Shorts™ just brought me a nice selection!

Turkuaz, Digitonium
Turkuaz, Stereochrome
Crosby & Nash, Wind on the Water
David Crosby, If I could only remember my Name
David Crosby, Croz (2015)
The Winery Dogs
and a Bluray movie, Everest.

:banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance:

Listening to Turkuaz now, funky as the video I had posted earlier. :music-rockout:

^^^

TurkuazFINAL-Front_Digitonium_1500.jpg

I have not seen this before.
This is just a CD. I put it in at about 6:50 this evening. It just finished, at 9:10 or so!!! I thought 78 minutes was the max for a CD playing time; this CD just kept playing and playing. After checking, it has 24 tracks on it, all pretty much full-length. The tunes were good, this one is going to take some digesting (my favorite kind!).
I also got a second Turkuaz CD tonight, it only has four tracks on it. :think:

Botch, I really like the Crosby & Nash stuff. I was surprised at how much I liked the ABC years stuff. I expected so little, but like the follow up albums just as much as their first. Well... Maybe not that 2004 album. But the 70s stuff, yes.

Don't know why I've not purchased Croz. I assume it's good?

Haven't listened to "Croz" yet; it was David's song on the new Snarky Puppy that made me pick it up; stay tuned.

The 2004 album, was that Daylight Again? I had to buy it to learn the fiddle solo in Wasted on the Way for a band I was in; the album was okay but nothing special (I'm much more impressed with the disk I just got).

Botch said:
Remember that Valentines Day cartoon I posted, where some of us celebrate the V-day with two bottles and one glass? Well, I didn't quite do that, I don't think, but The Man In The Brown Shorts™ just brought me a nice selection!

Turkuaz, Digitonium
Turkuaz, Stereochrome
Crosby & Nash, Wind on the Water
David Crosby, If I could only remember my Name
David Crosby, Croz (2015)
The Winery Dogs
and a Bluray movie, Everest.

:banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance:

Listening to Turkuaz now, funky as the video I had posted earlier. :music-rockout:

Botch,

Did you get the first The Winery Dogs CD, the second or both.

The 2nd, is really, really good, however the first one is not to shabby either.

:music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout:

Nah... The 2004 album was a self titled 2-CD set. Daylight Again is from the 80s and probably has more Art Garfunkel than Crosby. Still better than that 2004 snooze fest. Probably.

And while I'm on the subject of Crosby & Nash...
I'd recommend to anyone who has access to Spotify etc to check out the version of "Deja Vu" found on the "Live" album with the below album cover. Clocking in at almost 10 minutes, the introduction before the real song kicks in is pretty wild. Incredible, really.

81ipTnANHqL._SX522_.jpg

Back