• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Are You Listening To?

David Gilmour- About Face . I have come to figure out why I am not a huge fan of The Wall. Turns out I much prefer the sound of Gilmour over Waters!!

David_Gilmour_About_Face.jpg

Warren Zevon. Excitable Boy. I can honestly say that Werewolves of London is probably my least favourite song on this album. Again, look who played on the album. No wonder it sounds so damn good!! For sure one of my desert island albums.

Excitable_Boy_cover.jpg

Steely Dan- Aja. When you look at the phenomenal session talent playing with them on this album...I could sound good!!!
Kidding!!

Aja_album_cover.jpg
To this day, my favorite album of All Time. Along with the stellar talent (which the Dan have always had on their albums) there was something... "magical" that happened during those sessions, which they haven't been able to totally replicate since. One thing on my Bucket List of Hopes is for Steven Wilson to remix this into 5.1, before I end up on the other side of the sod. He DID do King Crimson's Discipline, so that was crossed off my bucket list.

A recent purchase I’ve been listening to…

Madness - “Ultimate Collection” or something like that.

Only kept a little over half the songs. Never have been huge into ska. Which I suppose is why most of what I kept was practically straight up pop. Anyway… I’m not too keen on their song “Our House” but absolutely love “House of Fun” and “Must Be Love”.

and

^^^ They played SLC during the '02 Winter Olympics; fun band to listen/dance to, and I bet even more fun to be in.

And this followed it! I'm not familiar with this particular Yes song, but this rendition is gorgeous.

Maroon 5 has a new album. I couldn’t make it through an entire song, but I think I heard most of the songs enough to say this: I DON’T LIKE IT.

A little disappointing because even on their previous album, which I generally disliked, I was able to tolerate a couple of songs as decent radio fodder. It’s strange. I really hated Maroon 5 when they first came out, but I eventually came to kind of like a lot of their songs over the next few albums. I guess I’ve come full circle.

One for the musicians; what a tangle of chords, and yet it sounds just like a nice pop record on the radio:

One for the musicians; what a tangle of chords, and yet it sounds just like a nice pop record on the radio:

This was one of the comments.
Very talented song writers, musicians and singers. But I still dislike this song, a lot.
Sorry Botch, I have always HATED this song!! But I appreciate what you and Rick are saying about the complexity!!

Saw a doc tonight on the making of a classic, 10cc's "I'm not in Love". Did a quick search here and it brought me to page 614 of this thread. Anyone know what happened to Dennie?
Anyhoo, need to post this doc on the making of this classic; really cool!

Back