• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Impressive. Any particular recent release favorites I should check out? Or the opposite recent release clunkers to
Impressive. Any particular recent release favorites I should check out? Or the opposite recent release clunkers to avoid?
Ive been tearing through my favorites and honestly only watched two new ones. First was the Wrong Turn remake, seriously just meh. Second was a foreign film on Netflix called Old People, little bit of a slow burn but well worth a watch.

I liked Dracula Untold it exceeded expectations. Especially liked the scenes with Charles Dance his character and performance were great IMO. Liked him ever since Alien 3.
It’s a good watch for sure, different take on the story. But as far as vampire films go for me nothing beats 30 Days of Night and oddly a close second is the Fright Night remake.

It’s a good watch for sure, different take on the story. But as far as vampire films go for me nothing beats 30 Days of Night and oddly a close second is the Fright Night remake.
Let The Right One In (original Swedish version) is still my pinnacle reference favorite vampire film. To me it's a genre masterpiece if not just an outright masterpiece regardless of subject matter. But I agree and also love 30 Days of Night for many other reasons.

Last edited:
Let The Right One In (original Swedish version) is still my pinnacle reference favorite vampire film. To me it's a genre masterpiece if not just an outright masterpiece regardless of subject matter. But I agree and also love 30 Days of Night for many other reasons.
Agree it’s really good but it’s also one that I do t watch often while 30 days gets watched at least twice a year. Lol

Watched REC last night, so SO good. Far better than the American version for sure.

Agree it’s really good but it’s also one that I do t watch often while 30 days gets watched at least twice a year. Lol

Watched REC last night, so SO good. Far better than the American version for sure.
Not sure if we discussed this one already but have you seen Afflicted? Kind of a Hardcore Henry first person Go Pro style vampire movie. I was skeptical at first... thought it would just be another formulaic found footage flick... but I thought it was actually pretty creative and cool. Takes a while to get rolling but delivers in the end IMO.

Not sure if we discussed this one already but have you seen Afflicted? Kind of a Hardcore Henry first person Go Pro style vampire movie. I was skeptical at first... thought it would just be another formulaic found footage flick... but I thought it was actually pretty creative and cool. Takes a while to get rolling but delivers in the end IMO.

What app? I can’t find it. Lol

It says Paramount t+, which we have, but only if you add Showtime. I’m not getting anymore f@$?ing apps. Lol
If my DVD collection wasn't packed up in storage bins I'd loan you my copy. If you haven't seen it by the time I move and unpack I'll try and remember. Could be next Summer.

recently been watching interview with the vampire tv series, and had a er... craving. :D

watched the original movie (its hilarious seeing tom cruise trying to look taller),

but also saw monkeys posting.

i had to rewatch it.

i missed a couple of things in the first viewing, and man, i have to admit, i think monkeys right.

in horror i also found out they have a tv series now. i didnt look into it too much, but will try to watch this in the future. more to come.

A co-worker recommended we watch a horror movie called Barbarian or Barbarians couldn't remember so we ended up watching both.

Barbarian (singular) streaming on Netflix pretty formulaic trapped in a creepy house flick but then takes some pretty dark turns. Better then expected but nothing earth shattering.

Barbarians (plural) I think was $.99 to stream on Amazon it was filmed well and initially more promising but never really panned out into anything that interesting IMO. Not bad just left a lot of unexplored content unresolved IMO like (semi spoiler alert) the connection to Druid cult history of the setting which was looming with supernatural overtones but never really quantified or explored.

Back