• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Wife made us rent R.I.P.D. And it’s sequel last night….man were they awful.

The old factory where those planes were built is right down the street from my office. There is a museum there they have one restored.
Cool. I always thought the gull wing design of the corsair was uber cool. I also watched Baa Baa Black sheep as a kid and loved it!!

i was looking forward to RIPD 2, just for the main character, glad i didnt. thank you sir.

Looks like this could be outstanding... what a cast. Hardly recognized Robert Duvall. Jan. 6th release date looking forward to it.

Watched Black Adam and was disappointed. The special effects were good and plentiful, but the writers were not that good.

Wife made us rent R.I.P.D. And it’s sequel last night….man were they awful.

I wouldn’t necessarily recommend it or bother to watch it again but didn’t hate the first RIPD. You had to know that you were getting into a M.I.B. style flick where thinking isn’t required.

I wouldn’t necessarily recommend it or bother to watch it again but didn’t hate the first RIPD. You had to know that you were getting into a M.I.B. style flick where thinking isn’t required.
Actually I had no idea what I was getting ready to watch. She rented the first one while I was at a Flyers game. The following night she made me sit through it so we could watch the sequel together. I wish she had somehow managed to watch both while I was at the game and I never got wind of it. :D

Finally got around to watching the 2019 reboot of Hellboy.

Maybe it was because I went in with really low expectations but I kind of dug it. It was never going to be a huge blockbuster but I guess I don't understand why it was such a flop.

1671066549877.jpeg

Rush
I was hoping for a little more attention on the cars/racing. Instead it's a realistic portrayal of the rivalry between Hunt and Lauda which, TBH, doesn't come across as all that dramatic. The movie spends too much time driving the point that Lauda was an unfeeling machine and Hunt was a fun loving playboy. Bruhl is excellent as always but Hemsworth just doesn't have the chops to disappear into the role.

The art, photography, costume and set design are excellent.

View attachment 12141
It's why Ron Howard should be neutered. The costuming and casting were excellent. As bad as Green Lantern

Ohhhhhh
THAT's what all the Cocaine Bear references I've been seeing online are about.
It's also a reference the Joe Rogan Experience with Theo Vonn where they discussed who was the baddest in the animal kingdom.

I think JRE podcast was the original idea for Cocaine Bear.

Watched Black Adam last weekend, and thought it was ok. The Rock should have played it with a little more levity, DC just can't seem to get that part of their movies right, but I was hoping for a sequel, which looks unlikely now. Wish they would have tied it in a little closer with Shazam, since they reside in the exact same universe. Heck even Djimon Hounsou is in both movies. (I'll be honest, had to look up his name on how to spell it.)

Watched Black Adam last weekend, and thought it was ok. The Rock should have played it with a little more levity, DC just can't seem to get that part of their movies right, but I was hoping for a sequel, which looks unlikely now. Wish they would have tied it in a little closer with Shazam, since they reside in the exact same universe. Heck even Djimon Hounsou is in both movies. (I'll be honest, had to look up his name on how to spell it.)
Well DC is up for a complete reboot anyway under the direction of James Gunn (Guardians of the Galaxy) he was hired for four years to come up with a 10year over arching storyline. You can pretty much forget nearly everything that came before. There will also be “elseworlds“ stand alone movies that won’t tie into anything. The Matt Reeves‘ The Batman will move along in its own isolated world as well spinoff TV series.

Well DC is up for a complete reboot anyway under the direction of James Gunn (Guardians of the Galaxy) he was hired for four years to come up with a 10year over arching storyline. You can pretty much forget nearly everything that came before. There will also be “elseworlds“ stand alone movies that won’t tie into anything. The Matt Reeves‘ The Batman will move along in its own isolated world as well spinoff TV series.
Yeah, I know about Gunn, and he is getting a bunch of hate for firing Henry Cavill. Not sure if I agree with the term firing, it looks like they just decided to go another direction. Which is unfortunate, because I think Henry stepped down from the Witcher, in part for the Superman gig. If Gunn does the same with Gal Gadot, he probably will get even more hate. She was not the problem with 1984. He's done well with GOTG and Peacemaker, so time will tell what he does with other movies on DC.

DC MUST go in a different direction. Too much baggage and Cavill, Gadot are associated with divisive movies and it time to move on. I love them both but tough decisions have to be made. DC is possibly WBD‘s most valuable asset and are looked at as second tier by general audiences.

DC MUST go in a different direction. Too much baggage and Cavill, Gadot are associated with divisive movies and it time to move on. I love them both but tough decisions have to be made. DC is possibly WBD‘s most valuable asset and are looked at as second tier by general audiences.
So what do you think they should change? They hit gold with Nolan and Bale, but everything else has been hit or miss. And to still come out with Flash after everything Ezra has done, but cancel the Bat Girl movie doesn't make much sense either.

So what do you think they should change? They hit gold with Nolan and Bale, but everything else has been hit or miss. And to still come out with Flash after everything Ezra has done, but cancel the Bat Girl movie doesn't make much sense either.

make another green lantern movie with ryan reynolds in it.

The Flash was scripted to soft reboot the entire DCU. Now it’s looking more and more like it and Aquaman 2 will end what currently exists altogether. The films in general aren’t connecting (WW and Aquaman were successful) for the most part OR aren‘t making enough money. Some of the films I liked more than others and more than some other people. Doesn’t mean the ones I enjoy, I think are spectacular or anything. They need a different formula. And one of the things I keep hearing is they can be serious, fun and most importantly good. I think everything should start from scratch. Keep Matt Reeves‘ Batman projects separate and cast another Batman that can mingle with other characters when needed.

Back