• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Watched Vesper this weekend environmental apocalypse sci-fi flick on Amazon.

Beautifully filmed at times very creative and original feeling sci-fi environment. Can best be described as as the anti Monsanto/GMO seed meddling warning film. Interesting how sci-fi latches onto small concepts and runs with them to create bigger scenarios. To me this genre has always been essentially fantasy about Murphy's Law style worst case scenario outcomes from various bits of emerging science fact and/or debates. Like the mold spore consequences of climate change in The Last of Us. I think this movie was probably more interesting to look at then it was actually interesting. But we enjoyed it anyway.

Last edited:
John Wick 4 on big XD screen (IMAX equivalent) it was amazing relentless pure action movie even more so then any previous installment or any other action movie I can recall for that matter. No danger of any acting or screenwriting awards but a ton of shoot em up fun if you like this sort of thing. Some great music, direct tributes to The Warriors and Lawrence of Arabia among others. Probably the most fun I have had with an enthusiastic theater crowd clapping and cheering it was a lot of fun... great crowd. Highly recommend it on as big a screen as possible and as loud as possible it's one of those flicks. Some of the extended gun battle sequences with creative overhead views are visually awesome IMO.

John Wick 4 on big XD screen (IMAX equivalent) it was amazing relentless pure action movie even more so then any previous installment or any other action movie I can recall for that matter. No danger of any acting or screenwriting awards but a ton of shoot em up fun if you like this sort of thing. Some great music, direct tributes to The Warriors and Lawrence of Arabia among others. Probably the most fun I have had with an enthusiastic theater crowd clapping and cheering it was a lot of fun... great crowd. Highly recommend it on as big a screen as possible and as loud as possible it's one of those flicks. Some of the extended gun battle sequences with creative overhead views are visually awesome IMO.
i wouldve been shushing the whole time like you at the library. better yet, at a funeral.

yes i was joking. that deserved a harump.

Really enjoyed this probably because it came out of nowhere I had no expectations going in.

Great little high tension psychological flick I won't spoil it with any further description. FYI the trailer does a pretty good job of avoiding spoilers as well so it's safe to watch. Would recommend not reading anything about it the viewing experience was made better for me by knowing nothing about it going in. Saw it on Amazon Prime with free trial subscription to Paramount. It's a Paramount original film I believe. The girl from It Follows was good in this I thought... good in both really.

Really enjoyed this probably because it came out of nowhere I had no expectations going in.

Great little high tension psychological flick I won't spoil it with any further description. FYI the trailer does a pretty good job of avoiding spoilers as well so it's safe to watch. Would recommend not reading anything about it the viewing experience was made better for me by knowing nothing about it going in. Saw it on Amazon Prime with free trial subscription to Paramount. It's a Paramount original film I believe. The girl from It Follows was good in this I thought... good in both really.
Looks interesting. I do have Paramount+, might be a good rainy weekend to check it out.

It's kind of funny you posted this, because I just started a rewatch of the Office season 9, and was wondering what one of the new guys was up to, and he appears in this film. Weird the way things, well not connected, but at least strange coincidences.

Wat?

Apparently the Copyright™ for Pooh has expired. And, according to John Oliver, it will be expiring on the original Mickey Mouse next year.

Also this looks interesting although definitely borrows from one of my all time Japanese favorites Kiyoshi Kurosawa's IMO brilliant psychological horror film Cure from 1997. Not sure if Hypnotic is a credited remake or just a knock off. Either way it might be good.

Probably my third time watching, but I watched Interstellar this weekend from the UHD disk that I own. What a great movie! If there ever was a sequel, I'd watch for sure, especially if directed by Nolan.

Back