• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

great observation, although i didnt catch it completely, but now that you've mentioned it i think thats the reason 1. she employed him, knowing his background and somewhat history. 2. that despite being in the witness protection program (which is why he has a handler), that SHE allowed him to stay at her estate. 3. this also is the disgust in her sister and/or niece, thats why she didnt introduce herself or interact with her, especially welcoming her to the estate.

heres my question to you, the
driving scene, where they were on the road and the plants trees and everything blossomed, i am assuming that was an ethereal moment for both of them, a moment of exploration and somehow enlightenment. or was that real? it cant be.
I agree I don't think that scene was "real". I took it as some kind of shared vision or enlightenment as you described. Both characters were undergoing some kind of shared rebirth process together finding salvation in each other after emerging form their traumatic pasts (FYI my phone just hilariously auto corrected that to traumatic pasta). So I think that was like a shared waking dream or hallucination.

Last edited:
I agree I don't think that scene was "real". I took it as some kind of shared vision or enlightenment as you described. Both characters were undergoing some kind of shared rebirth process together finding salvation in each other after emerging form their traumatic pasts (FYI my phone just hilariously auto corrected that to traumatic pasta). So I think that was like a shared waking dream or hallucination.
awesome, glad i wasnt the only one thinking this. stroke of creativity i guess on their end. cheers!

Got around to seeing Oppenheimer yesterday on an imax screen.
I like to a lot and am glad to have seen it .. but if I'm honest it's got practically no replay value.

Got around to seeing Oppenheimer yesterday on an imax screen.
I like to a lot and am glad to have seen it .. but if I'm honest it's got practically no replay value.
Yeah I enjoyed it a great deal as I have posted, but don't think I could sit through it again. Was a lot of work to watch in hindsight. Kinda exhausting. I'm really glad I saw it on the big screen though.

How did I not know about this? OMG this is the best role for Nick Cage that I've ever seen. And Tarantino-like violence + humor. Loved it.

p23068375_v_h9_ag.jpg

watched and finished guardians 3 last night,

1. very different atmosphere, almost couldnt tell it was a guardians movie due to the tone and how dark the movie felt

2. from the first time i watched guardians, i knew it was going to be special, given the soundtrack and the storytelling the first one had. this lacked a tad, but still had its strong choice of songs and great storyline.

3. i can rewatch this maybe two or three times i guess. but will cherish the movie from guardians 1 afterwards to enjoy it.

somehow, i didnt watch ant man, i think its due to micheal pena not in it, but i also remembered how psychedelic the trailer felt like.

Knives out was spectacular.

i was hoping to be blown away, but i was let down just a weeeeeee bit.

In my head i was listening to logan lucky the whole time james bond was talking.

and whats worse was thinking that ryan gosling was gonna pop his head out all of a sudden again.

This looks like it could be good I am a fan on Ben Mendelsohn. Oddly the movie is nowhere to be found in IMDB on his page or Shailene Woodley's for that matter. Was looking for release date the trailer just says "coming soon".

Bump.

Finally got around to watching this one since it's free on Hulu now (or at least relatively free). Solid catch a killer flick that didn't seem particularly new or groundbreaking until one scene really jumped out at me very late in movie. Unexpected cameo performance that IMO transcended and elevated the whole movie in just a few short minutes with unexpected acting and dialogue from this particular character/actor I will not mention without spoiling anything. Made the whole rest of the movie worthwhile IMO, not that it was bad up to that point, it just became a little something else after that I thought.

So if you have seen this, you may have recognized actor Ralph Ineson showing up very late on screen as the killer. I thought his on screen performance, albeit very brief, was outstanding. Well written dialogue delivered impeccably, his short appearance pretty much transformed the movie for me. And the narrative he was engaged in with Shailene Woodley was also really elevated above what I would have expected from a genre flick like this. Bordering on mildly subversive. Probably over stating that, but it was definitely much more interesting then the whole rest of the film IMO. Ralph Ineson was next level amazing in The Witch IMO, so whenever he is on screen I take note.

Last edited:
Caught this trailer today it looks promising with Daisy Ridley and Ben Mendelsohn (coincidentally from above movie I just watched).

Watched the new Indiana Jones movie this weekend. Pretty ho hum predictable and a LOT of (surprisingly poor) CGI. The opening scene on the train might as well have been Polar Express IMO. Story got a little more interesting towards the end but probably not worth paying Amazon on demand price, wait for it to be free.

Had a much better time watching the original Bad News Bears.

Watched Dances With Wolves this weekend. Realized that I never actually watched it before. Funny how the imagery and story of a movie are so familiar in memory, I don't know maybe just from trailers and advertising at that time. But I never actually watched it until now. There are a couple of other notable movies that I somehow never watched will have to make a list and catch up as soon as I get moved into this new house and get the movie room set up.

Watched Dances With Wolves this weekend. Realized that I never actually watched it before. Funny how the imagery and story of a movie are so familiar in memory, I don't know maybe just from trailers and advertising at that time. But I never actually watched it until now. There are a couple of other notable movies that I somehow never watched will have to make a list and catch up as soon as I get moved into this new house and get the movie room set up.
One of my all-time favorite movies, but ... it's difficult to watch sometimes.

Maybe you’ve seen Pocahontas, Avatar, etc?

Back