• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Enjoyed the new Planet of The Apes movie this weekend was great on big IMAX screen. Was kinda hoping for a little more of a dystopian ending I have a couple alternative ending ideas that I thought might have worked a little better. But that didn't detract too much we still really enjoyed it.

Pretty psyched for this from the same author as Border and Let The Right One In which are probably on my all time top ten list of genre flicks if not higher. Zombie flick for grown ups. If it's anything like those other two films it will be amazing.

This is getting some buzz apparently there is some kind of major twist ending. Maybe something like Signs there seems to be a similar man against nature theme. I stopped reading about it as soon as the twist was mentioned... don't want to spoil it. Will definitely check it out.

Watched the Watchers this weekend in the theater. Kinda slowly evolving woodland fairy horror tale that ended more cohesively and better then it started IMO. But the real question is was anyone watching us watch the Watchers? (Dr. Seuss humor)

Screen Shot 2024-06-10 at 11.03.40 AM.png

Available now streaming on Amazon going to check it out this coming weekend hoping it lives up to other John Ajvide Lindqvist adapted novels. Border and Let The Right One In are highly ranked among some of my recent era favorite films.

Sorry it was underwhelming enough to forget to post review. Not sure what all the hype is about. They basically made a checklist of nostalgic familiar Alien franchise sounds, visuals, props, tech, situations and one liners and put it all on screen in a big hodge podge mess with no new or meaningful story or characters. Super disappointed. Not to say that it wasn’t at least fun to spectate on big IMAX screen but the movie itself had little to no substance IMO. I won’t watch it again. I’d rather go back and watch earlier films from the franchise.

Last edited:
Part 2: I really wanted to like it I am a huge fan of the originals, most all of the sequels and the whole Alien/Predator multiverse and anything related. I'll pretty much watch anything connected to this franchise. And this one had all the right look, style, visuals and sounds and potential but just fell flat on story, characters and originality.

Watched Furiosa streaming on MAX enjoyed it. Campy but also pretty violent and intense at times.. and just as much home theater demo candy as the last one. Speaking of Max hoping he is reintroduced in the third/last installment of this new series. The one little Max easter egg in this one was encouraging in that hopefully he is still on the radar.

Part 2: I really wanted to like it I am a huge fan of the originals, most all of the sequels and the whole Alien/Predator multiverse and anything related. I'll pretty much watch anything connected to this franchise. And this one had all the right look, style, visuals and sounds and potential but just fell flat on story, characters and originality.
Prometheus and Alien: Covenant seemed to be particularly bad because of the high expectations (getting Ridley Scott back on board).
And...how they fit and the stories they told were...just not good. I think they tried to get too "intelligent" and lost their way somehow.
In the immortal words of somebody from a while ago...Keep It Simple Stupid...and Alien/Aliens were very simple and VERY well done.

Watched Deadpool & Wolverine...and to me, easily the best Deadpool movie of the series.
Hilarious, never taking itself too seriously and really good and really smart/wise-ass.
The worst part may have been the first 2 minutes.
A fucking-shit ton of cursing...so if you're not into that...I suggest you do not watch this or any Deadpool movie.

Prometheus and Alien: Covenant seemed to be particularly bad because of the high expectations (getting Ridley Scott back on board).
And...how they fit and the stories they told were...just not good. I think they tried to get too "intelligent" and lost their way somehow.
In the immortal words of somebody from a while ago...Keep It Simple Stupid...and Alien/Aliens were very simple and VERY well done.
Agreed 200% some of the later prequels strayed from the purity of the originals. But at least they were attempts at expanding the mythology and back story of the Alien universe. IMO this new movie offered no such attempt where it absolutely could have given it's well placed spot in the timeline between the first and second films. It was like they pinpointed a great spot in the timeline and then proceeded to make a flashy greatest hits album of random tribute and reference elements. In that way it was fun to watch in some moments. But it just did not stand on it's own IMO or do anything new or meaningful to expand the Alien universe.

Watched Deadpool & Wolverine...and to me, easily the best Deadpool movie of the series.
Hilarious, never taking itself too seriously and really good and really smart/wise-ass.
A fucking-shit ton of cursing...so if you're not into that...I suggest you do not watch this or any Deadpool movie.
Thanks will check it out.

Pretty psyched for this from the same author as Border and Let The Right One In which are probably on my all time top ten list of genre flicks if not higher. Zombie flick for grown ups. If it's anything like those other two films it will be amazing.

(copy and paste of my Amazon review)

Watched this it's a super slow burn zombie movie that isn't really about zombies. Very slow burn pace, minimal dialogue, bleak settings and characters, great and haunting cinematography and score. Closest modern comparisons I could make style wise would maybe be something like Joachim Trier's Thelma or Bruno Dumont's L'humanité. As most reviews indicate it's a movie about the grief and loss of a loved one and/or the difficulty in letting go. It just happens to use zombies as a vehicle to manifest this grief on screen with tangible characters. Told in three different vignettes featuring people and families processing the loss of a loved one who mysteriously comes back from the dead I suppose just long enough for some closure. Probably not for everyone don't bother to watch it if you are looking for 28 Days Later zombies. But I found it thoughtful and moving.

Finally watched Longlegs (on demand Amazon Prime a little pricey but missed it in theater and we really wanted to see it).

Osgood Perkins directs (son of Anthony) in what feels like a hybrid hunt for a serial killer/gothic horror movie like Silence of The Lambs/Exorcist, Hereditary or even The Omen with an authentic 70’s vibe. Very dark, very violent, very graphic not for everyone. Nick Cage is pretty much unrecognizable but amazing. All the hype around his performance is justified IMO. Maika Monroe (from It Follows) is also very good as the Clarice Starling character but clearly on the autism spectrum and similarly harboring childhood trauma.

Lots of little Easter Eggs that elevate the movie beyond straight FBI serial killer tracking storyline into supernatural territory. Like Saint Maude or maybe Blackcoat’s Daughter it walks a fine line between reality and supernatural until it definitely doesn’t.

Last edited:
We saw it today enjoyed it agreed best of the series. Loved all the cameos.

Watched new M. Night Shyamalan movie Trap on demand wow it was just awful by far his worst. Have seen better TJ Hooker episodes. Zero twist reveal beyond what we already know from the trailer. Kept waiting for something like that to happen but it never came. Bad acting, bad writing, bad filming the whole thing looked like a cheesy made for TV drama with a bunch of extras walking around in rental costumes. We honestly thought the only reason this movie got made was so he could let his daughter pretend to be a pop star on screen. Or maybe he was trolling the audience with some hidden message beneath the superficial nonsense. Maybe I’m wrong and there is some deeper underlying theme or hidden meaning. But I doubt it. Wow was it bad.

Last edited:
Back