• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What version of Squeezebox Server are you using?

I get the notification for the upgrade, gets part way through and then I get something about microsoft and c+++ not installed and gives a link which can't be clicked or copied.

I remember that coming up and I thought I just hit an OK button or something simple to continue the install. I didn't have to rescan my collection but I did to add movie files. Nice that I don't have to have run my D-Link media server software any more but unfortunately my LG blu-ray player didn't recognize the Logitech server. Oh, and this version recovered a playlist that the previous version had lost so that was swell.

Ended up downloading it from the website, and everything went smoothly. It's kind of cool that it now shows up as it's own media server on my dtv, hopefully xbox as well.

I take that back, it seems it is having trouble rescanning my collection. It finished the songs, although there seems to be more, in at least the number it is reporting, but the pictures I added it has seemed to slow to a crawl.

Well, like most of the software updates, this one doesn't seem ready for prime time. I had downloaded Goodbye Yellow Brick Road from HDTracks in 96/24, tried playing on my dtv receiver, all I got was static and it turned the squeezebox server OFF on the computer. Ok, maybe it doesn't play nice with the higher bit rate. Tried an Eagles cd that was ripped to the computer in flac, and also chose to display pictures. Song played, pictures displayed, although they were the size of thumbnails, but upon exiting, it still turned the server off on the computer.

I'm excited for this, just to be able to stream flac to devices that hadn't been able to play them before. I'm sure they will get the kinks out, just hope there isn't issues with playback on my classic.

Huey said:
Well, like most of the software updates, this one doesn't seem ready for prime time. I had downloaded Goodbye Yellow Brick Road from HDTracks in 96/24, tried playing on my dtv receiver, all I got was static and it turned the squeezebox server OFF on the computer. Ok, maybe it doesn't play nice with the higher bit rate. Tried an Eagles cd that was ripped to the computer in flac, and also chose to display pictures. Song played, pictures displayed, although they were the size of thumbnails, but upon exiting, it still turned the server off on the computer.

I'm excited for this, just to be able to stream flac to devices that hadn't been able to play them before. I'm sure they will get the kinks out, just hope there isn't issues with playback on my classic.

I always wait a while to update SB updates. They seem very prone to releasing updates before they are ready. They use the philosophy of letting the customer find what is wrong. That's why I am still running 7.5.4.does everything I want smoothly.

Back