• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What was your first record/tape/cd?

First..........

8 track: Boston - Boston, Gary Wright - The Dreamweaver, Alabama - My Home's in Alabama
cassette: Men at Work - Business as Usual or Micheal Jackson's Thriller (can't remember which one)
vinyl: Hugo Montenegro - Music from the Man With No Name Trilogy (unofficially)
Men At Work - Business as Usual
45 rpm: The Police - Don't Stand So Close To Me (B-side was A Sermon)
CD: Yes - 90125 (still have it).

:text-lol: Donavan-hurdy gurdy man on 45rpm single---tre hobres zz top 8 track and molley hactett flirting with disaster cassette

Barney said:
Mine was an old am radio & I loved :

Pat20Boone.jpg

Love Letters in the Sand:
Love Letters In The Sand
Pat Boone
Words by Nick and Charles Kenny and Music by J. Fred Coots

-the # 11 song in the 1955-1959 rock era
-was # 1 for 7 weeks in 1957
-was also a # 6 hit in 1931 for Ted Black

http://www.last.fm/music/Pat+Boone/_/Love+Letters+In+The+Sand

My mom was good friends with Pat Boone. He even sent Christmas cards to her every year until the late 1980s. While she hasn't outright said it, my brothers and I are convinced they dated while she was in college in Tulsa.

Flint said:
Barney said:

Pat20Boone.jpg

Love Letters In The Sand
Pat Boone

My mom was good friends with Pat Boone. He even sent Christmas cards to her every year until the late 1980s. While she hasn't outright said it, my brothers and I are convinced they dated while she was in college in Tulsa.

Don't buy her this album then Barn.

df828bacd7a009e16a207110.L.jpg

Early on I owned a few Hermans Hermits 45's, although I don't recall which tracks. Guessing, one was Henry the VIIIth I Am, I'm into Something Good, and There's A Hush.

Rope

Rope said:
Early on I owned a few Hermans Hermits 45's, although I don't recall which tracks. Guessing, one was Henry the VIIIth I Am, I'm into Something Good, and There's A Hush.

Rope
We had quiet a stack of 45s my sis brother and I and I recall those too with Jackson Five, Beatles, dave Clark Five, Shondells, Chubby Checker etc. The suitcase record player with a stack of 33 1/3 adapters I dont remember who made my guess is it came from Sears or Montgomery Wards. Mom and Dad had a huge Magnavox console stereo :).

Oh yea when the vinyl got humped and warped we would put a penny on the tone arm to play it depending on how bad sometimes a quarter dont remember a half dollar or silver dollar ever necessary.

Yesfan70 said:
Flint said:
Barney said:

Pat20Boone.jpg

Love Letters In The Sand
Pat Boone

Don't buy her this album then Barn.

df828bacd7a009e16a207110.L.jpg

I remember seeing him on Johnny Carson when he went Metal looked like a total jackass :D

Srvy said:
Oh yea when the vinyl got humped and warped we would put a penny on the tone arm to play it depending on how bad sometimes a quarter dont remember a half dollar or silver dollar ever necessary.
Our record player had a permanent 1" x 1" x 1" block of clay attached to the tonearm. Sure hope vinyl dust doesn't cause cancer!

Botch said:
Srvy said:
Our record player had a permanent 1" x 1" x 1" block of clay attached to the tonearm. Sure hope vinyl dust doesn't cause cancer!

LMAO! That action will increase stylus life, and prolong the vinyls accuracy/sound quality. However, tracking would be greatly improved. :text-lol:

Rope

First LP ............ KISS ALIVE

First cassette ... SLAYER Hell Awaits

First CD ....... Metallica Master of Puppets

Back