• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

When your playlist is too good...

Flint

Prodigal Son
Superstar
As many of you know, I have my Galaxy S5 packed with a 128GB micro-sdhx card and about 75% of my 5,000+ CD collection stored on it as VBR WMA files. I like to use it as my personal radio station most of the time and rarely use a real radio or internet radio, even at home. So, in my new office I put some big Audio Engine speakers and a blueTooth receiver and generally play music all day long unless I am having a phone conversation. I even let the music play when I have meetings in my office, I just turn the volume down so it is comparable to the background music in restaurants, and such. I just set my default Android music player to Random and hit play - well, now I just hit play because it defaults to play - and I have the best possible radio station ever! It is all music I chose to own and love to hear.

With that background as a setup...

This morning I came into the office early and started my music like I always do. After my first coffee I noticed it was getting close to time for me to go to the restroom and take care of business. So I calculated in my head I could probably go a couple of songs before I would head to the "head." About 15 songs later the need to deliver a package was growing more urgent, but the song currently playing was pretty damn good. "After this song I'll go to the restroom," I thought to myself.

But the next song was even better than the last, so I put it off for another song. Then another, and another. DAMN! Why is each song better than the last? I was being forced to stay in my office and fully enjoy each subsequent song before I was going to visit the water vortex seat of doom.

Finally I just couldn't take it any longer and with the walk that only the desperate understand, I rushed to the lavatory only to find the stalls all occupied, which was a problem. Rather than risk certain failure of the dam, I rushed off to the next floor to use that restroom, which did have a stall empty, but it was one of the closest calls I can remember for years.

Damn my phone for picking such a perfect random play list for my morning. And damn me for putting only music I truly love on my phone for it to choose from!!!

Sometimes a shitty radio station has its benefits.

Forgive me for poking the eye of the elephant in the room but why didn't you just pause it, take care of business and then get back to business without the annoyance of bowel pressure?

I'm envious that you had the time sit and enjoy 15+ songs instead of getting work done.

Music touches the soul. It's hard to put into words. You just feel it.

I have a 19" rack of SAE gear in my office and a pair of JBL monitors. I listen to music all day. I turn the stereo on before I turn on my computer. We have some great local stations; Trinity University that plays jazz all day, San Antonio College that plays a mix (true college station) and our local classical station. I have to have my tunes.

HA!

I work while listening - most of my work is done on my PC. I get more done and it is better work when I have good music playing.

When the music is moving my soul, I just cannot stop it. Hitting a pause is similar to being jolted awake from the perfect fantasy dream.

I can't wait to get my boom boom room going. I bought a refurbed Marantz receiver with wifi & bluetooth. Love the random play on my galaxy s4, it always plays the best "mood" every time, so getting that hooked up.....ummmm!

Flint, only you could write an inspiring story that's simultaneously about music and toilets! :laughing:

Glad you made it in time, bud.

one my greatest fears stem from public restrooms and 'time management' making it there.

awesome story tho. :music-listening:

I saw what you did there and I rolled my eyes but I have a personal rule to not post only emoticons.

But I get your disappointment ... Fecal puns do tend to get a lot of traction around here. Enough traction to leave a skid mark.

Unless Flint gets up after unloading and sits on a bidet.....Ohhhhhhhh

Back