• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Which Hulk To Buy????

heeman

PRETTY HAPPY.........
Famous
So, which is it?

Hulk - 2003

or

The Incredible Hulk - 2008

I have not seen either of them and want to get one of them on Blu Ray, unless you are recommending both?

Zing said:
2008, unequivocally!

Not so quick there! While I didn't care for the ending of Ang Lee's, I still liked that one better than the 2008 version. Most people will disagree with me, but if I was buying, it would be the 2003, although I am not a huge comic book guy, and not sure which stayed truer to comics.

i liked the 2003. but bought that only because it was cheaper. :happy-smileygiantred:

storywise, id stick with the newer version, but i hated ed norton for it.

Huey said:
Not so quick there! While I didn't care for the ending of Ang Lee's, I still liked that one better than the 2008 version. Most people will disagree with me, but if I was buying, it would be the 2003, although I am not a huge comic book guy, and not sure which stayed truer to comics.

2008 no brainier. IMO it was truer to tne comic books.

Huey said:
Zing said:
2008, unequivocally!

Neither was true to the comics but the 2008 version was at least based loosely on some of the aspects of the comics. The 2003 version was really not related to anything about the comics except the fact that the characters had the same names (ie Betty, General Ross, etc). Outside of that the 2003 version was a fabricated storyline that was not based on anything from the comics.

Plus it really annoyed me to no end that one of the mutated 'super dogs' was a poodle. Who in the world would think to themselves ' I want to make some super strength, oversized, mega-vicious, attack dogs and one of them should be a poodle. Cause nothing strikes fear and trembling in a person like a poodle.'

Well, there you have it, Heeman. You'll have to buy both. :eusa-whistle:

Deacon said:
Huey said:
Zing said:
2008, unequivocally!

Neither was true to the comics but the 2008 version was at least based loosely on some of the aspects of the comics. The 2003 version was really not related to anything about the comics except the fact that the characters had the same names (ie Betty, General Ross, etc). Outside of that the 2003 version was a fabricated storyline that was not based on anything from the comics.

Plus it really annoyed me to no end that one of the mutated 'super dogs' was a poodle. Who in the world would think to themselves ' I want to make some super strength, oversized, mega-vicious, attack dogs and one of them should be a poodle. Cause nothing strikes fear and trembling in a person like a poodle.'
I don't know Deac, my aunt had a poodle that was vicious - would take your foot off at the ankle.

I think both are fun, '03 doesn't have a lot of replay value for me. '08 production and story, etc are on a different level to me, in a good way...both should be cheap enough by now??

Towen7 said:
Standard poodles are freaking mean.

Neighbors across the street from us have 3...........they have killed one of their cats and numerous ducks in their backyard!

My friend in high school had a black one named Jinx and it was a cool dog however controlled the squirrel population.

There is nothing like a lab or retriever as a great pet............

Back to the subject, I will start with 2008 version and then take it from there.....

Perhaps you should decide by comparing leading ladies.
Jennifer Connelly or Liv Tyler (shwing!).

I liked them both. I think I liked 2003 better (partially due to the stupid poodles in 2008), but Liv Tyler always makes a movie better so 2008 has a better cast!!

If you're a Hulk fan, get both. I like the 2008 version better as there was some nods to the old Ferrigino/Bixby show.

We now own Hulk 2003 on BR..........

We maybe able to watch it after Survivor tonight????

2008 to follow this week using the $5 trade in DVD Value at BB.

If I die and wind up in Hell (which for me is prolly a good possibility) there will be only two movies playing at the Beezelbub Theater. Ang Lee's Hulk (2003) and Melanie Griffin in "Something Wild" I swear if any of those are playing on an in flight movie, I would walk out.

As you can surmise I really liked the 2008 version much better.

To me the 2003 version was kind of like a graphic novel version of the Hulk, where they go in depth on one aspect of Hulk's origin. What generated all that anger and rage, which was daddy issues. However that storyline took up almost the whole freaking movie, action and decent adversaries for the Hulk just got pushed to the background.

Nick Nolte was supposed to be some some lame version of the Absorbing Man, minus the ball and chain, and not being very exciting or cool. The Edward Norton version seemed more focused and truer to the comic book, minus the fact that the Abomination looked nothing like the original. He was still pretty big and mean, scary looking and probably stronger than the Hulk. Until the Hulk get's angry enough and increases his strength geometrically.

I think Ang Lee forgot he was doing an action movie, and instead was trying to do some kind psychological
study of the Hulk. Sorry it did not work. "Hulk smash puny human's or Hulk is the strongest one their is" would have served him much better. I heard Ang was ticked off when Marvel did a reboot and gave no mention or reference to his version.

2008 version all the way for me.

Who voiced the latest Hulk: http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-tal ... 17172.html

Stopped off at BB on the way home from work.......traded in a DVD and Picked Up; The Incredible Hulk (2008) for.......$5.40.

Back