• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Which way should I go?

This is very difficult to write, admit, be honest about, when I would much rather, not lie, but expand on the truth. The Amp was ready, but the tech wanted to go through something with me. When I got there the tech told me there was nothing wrong with the amp. Together we went through each speaker‘s terminal and each one was putting out enough sound to shake the building. I didn't understand He asked me if I had pulled the power cord from the amp to completely power it down? I hadn’t.

He then suggested it could be my processor. I came home and spent a couple of hours going through every connection, making sure each was in the right port and secure. Finally, I powered everything up and I had sound, wonderful sound plus video.

How much of a dumb ass do you have to be to take a perfectly good working amp in for repair? I know I didn’t have sound and did everything I knew how except disconnecting the power cord. One good thing is I rearranged the equipment cabinet and the amp will be getting more air and circulation then ever before. Is it possible that it over heated and shut down? I am grasping for anything to keep from feeling like the idiot of the year on audioannex.

So that is the embarrassing tale nothing wrong with the AT1505, except for a dumb ass at the controls.
oh this hurts to admit.
Big whoop. Shit happens. Life is short. Move on Snake Doctor. We are not all PERFECT human beings. I hope you get my point?!!

Don't worry so much. These things aren't straightforward, and maybe some protection circuit kicked in or something with a transient occurrence. If you did your best to understand and diagnose the problem, then so be it. There's ALWAYS the chance that any of us could be wrong about our conclusions as to what's going on in any situation. You're not a dumbass. ;) Just... shit happens sometimes and we can't control or explain it.

This is very difficult to write, admit, be honest about, when I would much rather, not lie, but expand on the truth. The Amp was ready, but the tech wanted to go through something with me. When I got there the tech told me there was nothing wrong with the amp. Together we went through each speaker‘s terminal and each one was putting out enough sound to shake the building. I didn't understand He asked me if I had pulled the power cord from the amp to completely power it down? I hadn’t.

He then suggested it could be my processor. I came home and spent a couple of hours going through every connection, making sure each was in the right port and secure. Finally, I powered everything up and I had sound, wonderful sound plus video.

How much of a dumb ass do you have to be to take a perfectly good working amp in for repair? I know I didn’t have sound and did everything I knew how except disconnecting the power cord. One good thing is I rearranged the equipment cabinet and the amp will be getting more air and circulation then ever before. Is it possible that it over heated and shut down? I am grasping for anything to keep from feeling like the idiot of the year on audioannex.

So that is the embarrassing tale nothing wrong with the AT1505, except for a dumb ass at the controls.
oh this hurts to admit.

Over look it and chalk it up as a learning experience! It happens to the best of us!!

If memory servers me correctly, and that’s definitely questionable given how much wine I consume, I believe the Outlaw 990 pre/pro had a USB port on the back that could be used to connect a drive with music or to perform maintenance/diagnostics and there was a little switch to indicate intent. Since I knew I’d only use it for the latter I set the switch accordingly. After doing so the device stopped working. I sent it in for repair only to find out that was the intended behavior as described in the manual.

oh this hurts to admit.
I spent 3/4 of a day trying to get my wifi back up. I swapped computers, rebooted computers, moved my laptop to the basement, to under the router, even climbed up on the roof and stared at the internet antenna for 10 minutes or so.

Finally, I turned the router off, then back on (didn't even have to unplug it). Everything worked. :suspicious:

oh this hurts to admit.

WE live and learn. Glad you got it all working now.

If I had a nickel for every stupid thing I've done with my A/V system Id have at least 1-2 dollars

Back