• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Why did movie rental streaming prices increase?

Srvy said:
Haywood said:
Srvy said:
As for torrents sites how do you keep virus free i wouldn't touch then with a 100' pole.

That is a lot less of a problem than you might think, especially if you keep your machine properly secured with up-to-date virus protection. All inbound files get scanned.

Not to rehash this again but I am going to. Today at work was slow so got to talking to some the young kids at work and brought up the subject of torrents.
Well most said they didn't spend a dime on music or video games in so long they couldn't remember. They use a torrents site called pirate bay.
One of the guys chimed in said better stop that he had gotten an e-mail from his ISP that the FCC had made an inquiry regarding his IP address unlawfully downloading either record,tv,movie etc. industry copyrighted materials. And that they had required info from his provider as to who it was . This was ATT he said and that Att stated they never give out IP address info to anyone. Well you and I from recent events know that is not true.

So tell me is this worth the risk? Have you received anything like this from your ISP?

The system in place is called the Six Strikes Rule. If a copyright holder thinks you are downloading stuff illegally, they send a complaint to your ISP. The studios are monitoring the bit torrent sites and tracing the IP addresses of seeders, which is how they know. They send this information to your ISP. Your ISP sends you a warning the first time. The second time, they block your access to the internet until you watch a ten minute educational video that they put up in your browser explaining the law. The third time, they make you take an interactive course. After that, it gets nastier and at strike six, they terminate your internet service.

The simple solution to this problem is to use an encrypted VPN tunnel, which renders your traffic almost impossible to trace. You can subscribe to a reliable, non-logged VPN service for about $6/mo. There are other steps you can take as well. I throttle the upload on my torrent client to 1kb, so that I do not upload any appreciable data volume at all (there is no way to stop it completely until the download is done). The reason this is helpful is that ISP's use large upload footprints to identify likely torrent users. It is not very difficult at all to work around all of these lame tracking attempts if you have any idea at all what you are doing.

I just bought legitimate Blu-Ray or UltraViolet copies of seven movies that I downloaded off torrents in the last week alone.

Haywood you better stop because your going against the grain of what illegal downloading is all about. I'm sure the movie companies are all up in arms about your legally purchasing material based on a movie you saw for free that you otherwise would never have bought. :text-bravo:

I just did 17 more disc-to-digital conversions too (by the way, the 50% discounts ends this month), but just think of all the poor starving people in Hollywood who are not sufficiently subsidized by the 120 disc-to-digital licenses and up to ten movies a month I've been buying (not to mention subscribing to cable and four different streaming services).

I've said it once and I'll say it again: It is not about property. It is about patronage.

Back