• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

WIFI adapt for XBOX 360 ?

Barney

Longhorns, Cowboys, Spurs, & Rangers...love Texas
Now that I have wifi in our home, I started checking for a wifi adapt for my son's XBOX 360. They want $80...... :scared-eek:
Any suggestions on a wifi adapt for this ? I'm getting download speeds in the low 20"s in our boom-boom room (measured by our Goggle TV ).
Son wants to get XBOX Live & I may compair the Netflex streaming on the XBOX 360 against the Google TV (doesn't offer DD 5.1 on the Netflex app...rumors are....just rumors :angry-tappingfoot: )

I'm not sure I understand. The Xbox 360 has built-in wifi so no adapter should be required.

If you are not getting a good wifi signal you may need to relocate the Xbox or the wireless router. A last ditch would be to use a wifi to Ethernet adapter. That device can be located in the room where the wifi signal is strongest and is wired between there and the Xbox.

Towen7 said:
I'm not sure I understand. The Xbox 360 has built-in wifi so no adapter should be required.

If you are not getting a good wifi signal you may need to relocate the Xbox or the wireless router. A last ditch would be to use a wifi to Ethernet adapter. That device can be located in the room where the wifi signal is strongest and is wired between there and the Xbox.

Of the three that I have had, none of them has had internal wi-fi, all required an ethernet connection or an adapter. Maybe the top end model has internal wi-fi though.

I assumed that all came wifi capable because I have two 4GB (lowest end) models and both have internal wifi. Both of mine are the "S" version though. I guess older machines may not be ready to go out of the box.

In that case I have no advice to offer. I dontvknow if non- microsoft USB wifi adapters will work. The wifi to Ethernet adapters should work fine but they are not cheap. Another option to consider is Ethernet-over-power line. These are about $40 for a set. Basically one gets plugged into a power outlet close to the router and another close to the Xbox. Then you plug one of the router's Ethernet outputs to the adapter and the adapter on the Xbox's side gets connected to the Xbox's Ethernet port.

My sons XBOX is older without wifi so a friend recommended this to me and it works like a charm.

http://www.amazon.com/TRENDnet-Wireless ... B0024G48VA
41wmBBp3CbL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Barney I have a spare Microsoft one that clips to the back and plugs into a rear USB port...looks like this

802124b.jpg

It's yours if you want it, just PM your address and I send it out this week...

Towen7 said:
I assumed that all came wifi capable because I have two 4GB (lowest end) models and both have internal wifi. Both of mine are the "S" version though. I guess older machines may not be ready to go out of the box.
Only the newer 360 has wifi built in. I believe all 360s made after june 2010 have wifi.

Batman said:
Barney I have a spare Microsoft one that clips to the back and plugs into a rear USB port...looks like this

802124b.jpg

It's yours if you want it, just PM your address and I send it out this week...

Does the older XBOX have usb port?

^ I'm not sure ALL of them did but my first gen premium does...

Sorry for the delay...sent you the info Batman & a BIG TEXAS Thank You
Yes the older XBOX 360's don't have built-in wifi. My sons has a 120G hard drive attached. Its only about 1.5 yrs old.

Got your PM, I'll send it out by the end of the week... :handgestures-thumbup:

Batman said:
Got your PM, I'll send it out by the end of the week... :handgestures-thumbup:

No hurry my friend......& thank you :eek:bscene-drinkingcheers:

Back