• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Will 2014 be the year of OLED TVs?

Botch said:
If my LG local-dimming LED burns out tomorrow, I'll be buying the LG 55" OLED the first time it goes back on sale for $3,000, even if it does have a damned curved screen.

Best Buy had this set on sale last weekend for $2,300! :eusa-clap: :eusa-clap: It's sad, and cruelly ironic, that that's how much a replacement iMac will be setting me back. :|

been staring a lot at uhdtv's, oled tvs, 4k tvs a lot, especially the one at walmart from vizio and some from Costco... man, they be beauts...

Botch said:
Botch said:
If my LG local-dimming LED burns out tomorrow, I'll be buying the LG 55" OLED the first time it goes back on sale for $3,000, even if it does have a damned curved screen.

Best Buy had this set on sale last weekend for $2,300! :eusa-clap: :eusa-clap:
It was $1,999 last weekend... :drool:

Botch, over at avs LG has the new 55" & 65" OLED's coming in Oct w/HDR etc. I think someone posted Amazon is taking pre-orders.

Barney said:
Botch, over at avs LG has the new 55" & 65" OLED's coming in Oct w/HDR etc. I think someone posted Amazon is taking pre-orders.
Thanks for the head's-up, Barney. :banana-dance:
Now kindly send me your bank account number? :angry-tappingfoot:

:angelic-green:

You'll have to get someone elses bank account (Flint, Zing, or heeman).
EF9500's...$5499 for the 55" & $6999 for the 65".
Glad LG is coming out with the new tech/OLED's now, hope Vizio will follow with their new P and maybe R series & everybody else.

I looked at them on Amazon's site, it seems that both sizes are available in both curved and flat format; hopefully this will end this curved-screen nonsense.

Manufacturers felt the need to offer something new and from all indications they aren't selling well. As tech is rolled-out that will actually improve image quality I think (hope) that the silly curved screens go away.

Back