• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Will and Grace 2.0

mcad64

Just curious if anyone knows if this has ever been done before in TV. I know we have shows run with new cast members taking on old roles and spinoffs , but have they ever trotted out a show years after it went off the air with the exact same cast?
Sad!!

We had planned to watch it but didn't get home in time. I am just hoping it is as good as the original series and not "sad".

I've watched the first two shows and I have to say "well done". If you were a fan of W&G 1.0 you will like this one. The writing is outstanding, very funny and "current". they take some real swipes at Trump (I would have been surprised if they hadn't) but I think some Trump supporters would appreciate the humor. The actors seem to have just picked up where they left off, characterizations are the same, same back forth banter just good acting.

Every year it seems one sit-com is excellent, this is the one this year.

I watched the first episode and thought they did a decent job of recreating the feel of the original series but I thought that in some scenes the actors felt a bit rusty, but that is to be expected and I think it will improve over time. I was a bit disappointed with the amount of political jabs, but this in NBC and that is their wheelhouse. I have not watched the second episode so I don't know if they keep their pace with political angle.

On the topics of reboot TV shows, I thought the new Curb Your Enthusiasm was an A+.

Back