• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Wood plank wall project

Flint

Prodigal Son
Superstar
I built this for a friend and a few bucks over the weekend. Looks great and cost about 1/10th what another neighbor did a month ago on a smaller wall.

Courtney_Wall_20191026_135026.jpg
To cause as little damage as possible to recently painted wall, I mounted 2x2 "studs" on the surface with 6 wood screws each. If this wall needs to come down, the owner only has to patch the screw holes, touch-up the textured finish and paint.

Courtney_Wall_20191026_194224.jpg
I had stained the wood over a week ago, so it was completely dry. There are 6 different shades and/or intensities of the stain.

Courtney_Wall_20191027_164646.jpg
Mostly finished wall. I am going to build little covers for the AC outlet cutouts and I need to put some sort of end cap on the right side to clean up the look.

Courtney_Wall_20191027_170550.jpg
A view from the sofa.

Mostly just doing a favor for a friend, but I can't afford to devote that much time to any project without getting paid.

plus your a cyborg now. remember that.

your piano skills are limited,

i'll be bach.

*edited
funny, i thought you were pauly. sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:
@Flint just out of curiosity, how did you finish the outlets?

They appear to be flush mount to the drywall, so how did you space them out to get past the furring strips and wood planks?

@Flint just out of curiosity, how did you finish the outlets?

They appear to be flush mount to the drywall, so how did you space them out to get past the furring strips and wood planks?

The stud runs next to the outlet, I simply screwed the furring strip over the stud behind it with a small gap for the outlet cover. It isn't rocket science. I used extra 2x2 material to make a frame around the outlet cover and then cut the wood plank out to fit. I am going to put a small pull out cover over the outlet holes which hides the white behind.

Back