• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Woodees Vintage

mazersteven

I just purchased my first pair of IEM's. :D

0020691000_7179.jpg

If they sound as good as they look, then I might have to look at upgrading my $20 Marshmallows.

Those look cool!

mazersteven said:
I was looking for an inexpensive pair to try out before venturing in to the more expensive market.
I would proceed with caution in that regard.

I have the Ultimate Ears 700. I chose them over the much-less-expensive UE350 because they had the separate micro-drivers so I was certain they'd sound better. I've since heard the 350s personally and think they sound noticeably better than my 700s. :angry-banghead:

Zing said:
mazersteven said:
I was looking for an inexpensive pair to try out before venturing in to the more expensive market.
I would proceed with caution in that regard.

I just want to make sure I like the way they fit in my ear canal. I know I can get many different eartip in different sizes and types.

Am I the only one here who finds the use of the terms "ear canal" and "eartip" somehow arousing?

Flint said:
Am I the only one here who finds the use of the terms "ear canal" and "eartip" somehow arousing?

Yes.. but I'm not one to judge. Whatever you do in the privacy of your own home is A-OK with me.

The Woodees arrived today. The hand painted finish on one of the monitors is scratched off. :angry-cussingblack:

IMG955568.jpg

You can buy scratched Woodees on eBay for much less. Send them back and tell them you paid for new IEMs.

Rope

I think I've found the right eartips. Or maybe my ears are just getting use to having the IEM's inside them. First time I used them, I only made it through 4 songs before I had to remove them. I've put in a few 2-5 hour listening sections since.
headphones.gif

You should eventually get warm and fuzzy with them. I listen to my Westone 3 most nights to go to sleep...with double flange silicon tips. No discomfort after 7 hours.

The Vsonic GR-07 is unparalleled in comfort, IMO. I find the Fischer DBA-02 Mkii OK, but they cannot be worn to bed, unless of course, you don't mind your ear drum being crushed.

Rope

If they have replaceable filters just remember to inspect them after a while for wax build-up. I've never had a problem with clogged filters but some people have a lot of ear wax.

GreatDane said:
If they have replaceable filters just remember to inspect them after a while for wax build-up. I've never had a problem with clogged filters but some people have a lot of ear wax.

Even though I clean my ears throughly each day, doesn't guarantee wax on the filter.

What's the best way to clean the filters, or, do they just need to be replaced?

Rope

*EDIT*

Never mind. Sorry for the stupid question.

If you can get the filter off without destroying it (usually difficult), it could be cleaned with hydrogen peroxide.

All of my IEMs have replaceable filters but some low-end IEMs do not. I think if replacements were not supplied in the box then they aren't replaceable.

Back