• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Work it!

Huey

Famous
How in the hell does this shit get on tv? I remember when I first saw the preview, it reminded me of Bosom Buddies, but it isn't even that good. Old jokes, bad writing, the list goes on and on, and that was only the first five minutes, I couldn't watch any more of it.

Didn't watch but saw commercials and a complete rip off of Bosom Buddies but without Tom Hanks.

Reviving old situation comedies is nothing new. We've had hundreds of re-makes of The Honeymooners and Leave it to Beaver over the years, and most have been poor in comparison to the originals. Busom Buddies was slightly different and unique, but it was the same old jokes as Three's Company (minsunderstandings leading to chaotic and akward situations). The basic stoylines of most situations comedies are hundreds of years old. All that changes are some of the situations.

Still.. this looks like a really stupid show. It will be popular for a year.

Flint said:
Reviving old situation comedies is nothing new. We've had hundreds of re-makes of The Honeymooners and Leave it to Beaver over the years, and most have been poor in comparison to the originals. Busom Buddies was slightly different and unique, but it was the same old jokes as Three's Company (minsunderstandings leading to chaotic and akward situations). The basic stoylines of most situations comedies are hundreds of years old. All that changes are some of the situations.

Still.. this looks like a really stupid show. It will be popular for a year.

You are really optimistic, I predict it won't last 2 months.

People still laugh hysterically at fart jokes on Family Guy. I have very little faith in the intelligence of the average comedy viewer.

Flint said:
People still laugh hysterically at fart jokes on Family Guy. I have very little faith in the intelligence of the average comedy viewer.

Will you take a look at the Naploean Dynamite show coming up?

mzpro5 said:
Didn't watch but saw commercials and a complete rip off of Bosom Buddies but without Tom Hanks.

At least Bosom Buddies was funny, this was just horrible. I don't even give it two months, I give it two episodes. Oh yeah, I still laugh at fart jokes! :happy-smileygiantred:

Back