• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Xbox 360 newbie, any suggestions?

That looks like the latest version E. It looks like the xb1 and it doesn't have optical output.

started playing the witcher 2, and might hold off on the hard drive until later. i think i can play a bit using the 4g internal drive it has.

my initial observation is after decades of using a ps controller, this one definitely will have to take some time got get used to. not a bad thing, but definitely trying harder to work with it. other than that, im doing good! i like how it plays.

thanks again everyone, will update here when i encounter more problems along the way.

Srvy said:
My son wants this so bad. You try to screen them from all this but its impossible. There friends at school have and word of mouth. I relented and got him Black opps II and Ghosts. He went through those missions like a breeze and now just has fights with the zombies with his buds online. He is 9 bad dad? I don't know but his school report cards improved when I relented.

Your exactly right. Very hard to screen the games they play. My grandson asked me for Gears of War 3 (He was 5 at the time). Said he plays it at home with his friends and his mom is OK with it. First 5 minutes into the game he chainsaws someone in half and F-Bombs are dropping. (Didn't know you could turn Gore & Language off :eek: )
Call of Duty Live really isn't that bad, not much Blood or Gore. Just have to watch the bad language and he's good at changing games if language is bad. He's 7 and I can't believe how good he is. His reflexes are fast.

:violence-torch:

The real problem is the other people on Xbox Live... it gets really annoying playing online and having some 11 year old whose balls haven't dropped yet use profanity as every other word (and do so poorly... no understanding of syntax, these young ones). It would be better for everyone if the parents didn't let their kids online unsupervised... not so much because they'd be exposed to adult things, but because they tend to behave so poorly when allowed to run loose.

yup, for me, the reality is that its not the console who makes the gamer, its the player who chooses to be the better person in that game or environment.

this is one reason why i love seeing parents not bothered by other people who cuss around their kids because they know their kids KNOW better and understand better. that alone is sheer awesomeness imo.

bought a new controller, one of em smaller ones for smaller hands.

its funny but i tried to play left 4 dead 2, bought it via walmart earlier with the controller. did not work well especially with the missus. she thought it was nothing like borderlands. so i have to trade this in tomorrow.

i DID find one game i am loving right now. downloaded State of decay, and man, this one is definitely up my alley. aside from Metro 2033 i plan to get some credits for this game.

yes, its buggy, its not the most advance game out there for zombies etc. but man, the layout, the game itself, once you learn it a bit further, is definitely a great sleeper.

enjoying it so far.

for those interested,

State of decay will be releasing their new DLC for the series, Lifeline...

Trailer found here,

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/05/26/st ... lc-trailer

im still in the original, but man, its a great game. a bit tiring but thats evident with most open world games.

This is the only game im playing right now, ps3 collecting some serious dust. :angry-tappingfoot:

Back