• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Xbox "Upgrade"

Razz

So I came across two upgrades for my Xbox.

1. I had my Xbox connected via Component cables and switch to an HDMI. Now I know the picture quality should be the same but it's not. Maybe there was some interference with the component cables but the HDMI connection gives is obviously better picture. No more jitter and I could swear the colors are more vivid.

2. I loaded a game for "Kinect" and it "updated my home screen. Now, I know my console was up to date cuz I just checked it before I did it. The new home screen looks much sharper and vivid after the update.

So if you don't have the "Kinect" but can get your hands on a "Kinect" game, put it in your Xbox and it will update it to the newer home screen.

And if you still have a component connection, and can switch to HDMI do it. It's probably just my cables but maybe it will make a difference for you too.

Actually, I can think of two BIG reasons why the picture would be better w/ HDMI vs. component. First, the XBOX doesn't have to do a digital to analog conversion. Given that companies care less and less about analog video quality, and therefore skimp on the quality of the parts, that is a pretty big deal. The second is the exact same thing in reverse: the TV doesn't have to do an analog to digital conversion.

John

What is this updated home screen? I have a kinect in the living room but the screen is exactly the same as when I bought it. No change that I have noticed.

I have STARTED drinking!!!! yet....

Yeah there is definitely a new home screen for me. And I know I updated before I loaded the game... strange.

Well, I'm pretty happy with it now that's for sure.

btw, for those of you that didn't know, -b- is really a girl.

Pink drinks..... nuf said...

IMG_0716.jpg

:happy-smileygiantred:

I think Razz is challenging my drinking prowess......July buddy, You'll get a Cap'n Stache! :eusa-whistle:

Back