• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

XM Sirius XM to Buy Pandora in Bet on Streaming Music

I used to use SXM streaming back when I subscribed to sat radio. I liked it, but the price was finally more than I was willing to pay- it was at $20/month per vehicle, plus another few bucks for streaming. For $15/month we were able to subscribe to Apple Music on a family plan. There's still some things I miss from sat radio, but there's also some things I rather like about Apple Music.

I used to use SXM streaming back when I subscribed to sat radio. I liked it, but the price was finally more than I was willing to pay- it was at $20/month per vehicle, plus another few bucks for streaming. For $15/month we were able to subscribe to Apple Music on a family plan. There's still some things I miss from sat radio, but there's also some things I rather like about Apple Music.

I am subscribed to Apple Music (family plan) and Sirius XM satellite and streaming. I pay on average about $40 a month for music and that is just too much. I am seriously thinking about dropping Apple Music and stick with Sirius. The advantage with Sirius is their satellite radio. It works everywhere.

Mr.6

I am subscribed to Apple Music (family plan) and Sirius XM satellite and streaming. I pay on average about $40 a month for music and that is just too much. I am seriously thinking about dropping Apple Music and stick with Sirius. The advantage with Sirius is their satellite radio. It works everywhere.

Mr.6

That's why I waited so long to cancel SXM. I had been a customer since 2002 or so. I really liked the ability to listen to their variety of stations wherever I was. But after the merger, the variety on a given station dropped off. Then the prices really started climbing.

It's not terribly often I'm so far out in the sticks that Apple Music can't stream, and if I am, I can still listen to the playlists stored locally on my device (including music I don't own but can use since I'm subscribed). The biggest thing I miss are the comedy channels on SXM- Apple Music has nothing similar, at least that I've found.

That's why I waited so long to cancel SXM. I had been a customer since 2002 or so. I really liked the ability to listen to their variety of stations wherever I was. But after the merger, the variety on a given station dropped off. Then the prices really started climbing.

It's not terribly often I'm so far out in the sticks that Apple Music can't stream, and if I am, I can still listen to the playlists stored locally on my device (including music I don't own but can use since I'm subscribed). The biggest thing I miss are the comedy channels on SXM- Apple Music has nothing similar, at least that I've found.

Here in Canada, for me to stream Apple Music it would be more expensive than Sirius. Sirius isn't that bad if you call every 6 months or 1 year to cancel. Then they will offer you a good deal for the next 6 months.

I noticed my listening habits with Apple Music and I tend to listen to music I already own. So why am I paying for Apple Music?

Decisions decisions!

I don't spend enough time in my car to make Sirrrius worth it, at home there are other options.

Also the last time i tried Sirrius the sound qualit due to compression was horrible IMO.

I don't spend enough time in my car to make Sirrrius worth it, at home there are other options.

Also the last time i tried Sirrius the sound qualit due to compression was horrible IMO.
It varies by station, but I think they have come along way compared to when I had 15 years ago. Some of the stations sound pretty good, I would say better than regular radio, although you can still hear compression artifacts at times. I'm on the fence whether I'll keep it when my free trial is up since I only have a 5 minute drive to work.

It varies by station, but I think they have come along way compared to when I had 15 years ago. Some of the stations sound pretty good, I would say better than regular radio, although you can still hear compression artifacts at times. I'm on the fence whether I'll keep it when my free trial is up since I only have a 5 minute drive to work.

I agree about the compression. But when I stream it in the house it sounds really good.

I agree about the compression. But when I stream it in the house it sounds really good.
What's kind of strange, is that the best sounding station, at least to me, is the Howard Stern show. I don't know if Howard demanded the best sound quality they could give, but his sounds very natural.

What's kind of strange, is that the best sounding station, at least to me, is the Howard Stern show. I don't know if Howard demanded the best sound quality they could give, but his sounds very natural.

The Stern Show sounds a lot better via streaming and especially when I down load the shows.

I have SXM. It is in my wifes car, in the house via all devices including Alexa. It includes everything they broadcast. If I want to listen in my car I plug my phone in the AUX port and use SXM or Pandora. We do not use it to go any distances. So data usage isn't a concern. I have no complaints with the sound quality for what I use it for.

Back