• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Yamaha BD-S677

heeman

PRETTY HAPPY.........
Famous
I decided NOT to go with the OPPO 103D. The reason was because of the up coming UHD Technology in the next few years.

So I decided on the Yamaha BD-S677 ($250) I chose this model primarily for the internal layout of this player.

The guy in the Big Brown Truck delivered it last night, updated software, messed around with the set-up and watched a movie.

Seems to work just like any BR Player.................

:music-rockout: :music-rockout:

Attachments

• 677 interior small.JPG
    677 interior small.JPG
    279.8 KB · Views: 447
You, Sir, SUCK!

Congrats, I'm a Yamaha fan; and because you don't have a collection of DVD-As or SACDs, this was an excellent choice. :eek:bscene-drinkingcheers:

heeman said:
I chose this model primarily for the internal layout of this player.
What is it about the internal layout that you found appealing enough to be a primary factor for purchase?

Actually it does do SACD... interesting, didn't think there were any other than oppo or sony that did that. I don't understand why DVD-A players are so rare, given that it's the same media type as a regular DVD... Maybe something to do with lossless audio out of dvd-designed hardware, which is mostly made for movies with lossy audio? Dunno.

I believe Marantz is another in the SACD camp. I also think it's another format war - just on a smaller, less significant scale - why some manufacturers make products compatible with one format or the other.

Zing said:
heeman said:
I chose this model primarily for the internal layout of this player.
What is it about the internal layout that you found appealing enough to be a primary factor for purchase?

The segregation between the Power Supply (in that picture, left of the Drive), Drive and Processing Board (to the right). This units internal layout is almost identical to the OPPO 103. Segregation of the boards should improve some of the performance characteristics.

The less expensive units compact these circuits.................Could I ever tell the difference.............who know's, however I respect and understand the design principle.

Back